Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to get into rc tanks as a new hobby any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

The big tanks always look cool, but I'd take "Rubicon99" advice and start with the more reliable Sherman or T34 with steel gearboxes.
    It's best to start with a good reliable learner tank.
    I think "Rubicon99" would also agree that the "IMAX B6AC V2" is a good charger choice for any RC batteries and will save you lots of time on charging your batteries properly to make them last longer.​

Comment

Wished I’d known that before purchasing my T72, Abrams, and Challenger. 🤔 Although the T72 is very reliable. The other two not so much. Mind I prefer modern tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
        Wished I’d known that before purchasing my T72, Abrams, and Challenger. 🤔 Although the T72 is very reliable. The other two not so much. Mind I prefer modern tanks.
        Meter rat, I bought the Leopard and the Challenger with all metal running gear. Both were prone to de-tracking no matter what I did until I replaced the metal tracks with plastic, still running the metal sprockets. Not a single detrack since. There's a width difference between the metal and plastic tracks, and the tolerances with the former are too tight.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I ordered the Tiger 1 on motion Rc due to price and it being one of my favorite tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Baddest_Larry View Post
            I ordered the Tiger 1 on motion Rc due to price and it being one of my favorite tanks
            Nice choice.

Here are some good Tiger I reference links to keep you busy while you wait and to help you decide what you may customize or mod-

The Tiger is without doubt one of the most famous tanks to have ever existed. But does it deserve its fearsome reputation?

Index to pages about the Tiger 1

Comment

Hello and welcome as a new "lost boy" in the RC Tanker realm.

I enjoyed reading through this thread with all the good questions and advises made.

Fast fwd.
              My Tiger 1 (basic with steel gear box) turned out to be very reliable in outdoor operations.
              I own alll but the regular Pz3 HL.
              I'm driving mine in all seasons, always outdoors. Still moderate use, no battlegrounds close by.

Tiger 1 is a very good choice.
              Congratulations.

Next, get a T34/85, they go along very well unless fired upon.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20220723_195534.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	379658
              Get your Lady some flowers or other spoils of RC Tank warfare on and off, makes "future projects" easier.

Have fun.
              CCC

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Nice choice.

Here are some good Tiger I reference links to keep you busy while you wait and to help you decide what you may customize or mod-

The Tiger is without doubt one of the most famous tanks to have ever existed. But does it deserve its fearsome reputation?

Index to pages about the Tiger 1

thank you for all the reading material gonna dive in when i get off work.

Comment

Originally posted by cpt.chaos canada View Post

Hello and welcome as a new "lost boy" in the RC Tanker realm.

I enjoyed reading through this thread with all the good questions and advises made.

Fast fwd.
                  My Tiger 1 (basic with steel gear box) turned out to be very reliable in outdoor operations.
                  I own alll but the regular Pz3 HL.
                  I'm driving mine in all seasons, always outdoors. Still moderate use, no battlegrounds close by.

Tiger 1 is a very good choice.
                  Congratulations.

Next, get a T34/85, they go along very well unless fired upon.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20220723_195534.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	379658
                  Get your Lady some flowers or other spoils of RC Tank warfare on and off, makes "future projects" easier.

Have fun.
                  CCC
                  Thanks for sharing your tiger 1 love the paint pattern you chose

Comment

Here's a little Tiger propaganda to entertain-

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post
                      Here's a little Tiger propaganda to entertain-

Literally watched this yesterday, lol I even remember when it first aired on tv on the history channel lol very good documentary wish they would make a new one or something or even a movie like fury but with a German tank crew or British or something that would be cool. strangely enough a stray kitten showed up in our yard at the house it is dark grey and has stripes like a tiger coincidence I think not its a sign, all signs say tiger tank lol.

Comment

Literally watched this yesterday, lol I even remember when it first aired on tv on the history channel lol very good documentary wish they would make a new one or something or even a movie like fury but with a German tank crew or British or something that would be cool. strangely enough a stray kitten showed up in our yard at the house it is dark grey and has stripes like a tiger coincidence I think not its a sign, all signs say tiger tank lol.
                        See the movie "SiSu" click on the following

Comment

I wanted to see that one it looked down right entertaining to say the least especially from trailers and clips i have seen

Comment

I would do Tiger II metal edition or a Abraham’s M1 comparing driving tanks to a first time Corsair rc plane is not quite the same The plane crashs and is junk the Tiger needs it’s road wheels cleaned out and tightened.

Comment

Hi. I am new. You guys are bad influences. I ordered my tiger 1 upgrade yesterday from motion rc and FedEx shows delivery Monday. I can’t wait. I am eyeing that T34 as my next purchase

Comment

Originally posted by Coog View Post
                                Hi. I am new. You guys are bad influences. I ordered my tiger 1 upgrade yesterday from motion rc and FedEx shows delivery Monday. I can’t wait. I am eyeing that T34 as my next purchase
                                Welcome! and welcome to the RC tank addiction.

Chef

Comment

Working...
                                X