X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battling Tanks 1:16 Heng Long

For anyone that has tank battles have you ever battled using FPV? I just received my first camera and goggles and can already see that I'll need better goggles or a monitor. Myself I think that it makes the battles more realistic, tanks can hide without me able to see where they are hiding unless I hunt them down.

Originally posted by JustaGuy59 View Post
    For anyone that has tank battles have you ever battled using FPV? I just received my first camera and goggles and can already see that I'll need better goggles or a monitor. Myself I think that it makes the battles more realistic, tanks can hide without me able to see where they are hiding unless I hunt them down.
    Yes it has been tried numerous times by many individuals and doesn't work like you think it would. Tanks are a bit to complex to drive effectively, operate the turret, aim, shoot, and observe other tanks. Tanks are crewed vehicle and doing all the crew functions is tough enough simply watching from the outside of the tank. So from a single narrow view of a camera next to impossible to fight effectively.

Not saying it isn't fun to FPV a tank sometimes, it's just not practical for fighting RC tanks especially outdoors.

Comment

I’ve stopped running my tanks but most have FPV and a few have head tracking where if I turn my head the camera looks where I look. Your AIO is a good way to start.

(1) Heng Long Challenger2 model tank - YouTube

(1) Heng Long Challenger2 model tank - YouTube

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2878.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	379177Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2890.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	379176Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2888.jpg