• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are WSN T34/85s any good?

Just wondering if these were any good.
    Attached Files

I don't know but I was bored and found you some reading material-

War Room - WSN 1/16 scale RC Tanks - So I was surfing eBay and I came across these tanks called WSN 1/16 scale RC. I just want to know if any of you have any and what they're like. I can't find any reviews on them, and I want a top quality tank. They're quite pricey and I don't want to waste my money it it's no good. I

I just sold this old girl to a nice couple here in the States. So before I pack her up for shipment, I wanted to do a quick thread. There are some cool and hidd

Hopefully someone else here can help you. I'm curious to learn more as well after reading those links.

Comment

I found this thread:
      I currently have 9 H.L.and two Torro tanks. My view is H.L. are superior aside from costing half the price for the Pro version What am I missing as to whether to get more Torros.. Other benefits over the Torro besides price: Much superior progressive acceleration and turns. This is huge. Torros are way too sensitive,

Sounds like you might be better off getting the Heng Long T-34/85. Of course, availability may be an issue. I don’t know since it’s been a while since I’ve looked into what’s a available.

FWIW, I love my HL T-34/85.

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
        Just wondering if these were any good.
        Yes for a static model. No for an rc tank. In fact they are total junk as rc tanks.

Comment

WSN is basically the RC side of the Trumpeter model company. I had a WSN T34 prior to owning my Taigen hulled T34 variants. WSN was the first version of the T34 released in 1/16th scale that was RC. They have plastic gears. A lot of folks used them for conversion to Tamiya electronics back in the day when no other T34 options were available. I never got around to converting mine since Taigen came out with their version and it was much better. I eventually sold it on Ebay in it's stock form. Then HL came out with their version which is cheaper than the Taigen version, but IMO the Taigen version is better. If you buy the WSN, good luck finding parts if anything breaks. Frankly if you want a T34 and don't want to spend Taigen money, get the HL version.

Comment

No, never buy one unless you want a static prop. They are well known for being junk of junk by us old time RC tankers
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

OK. Thank you. I glad I asked before wasting $130 on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
                OK. Thank you. I glad I asked before wasting $130 on one.
                For $130, you get a good bargain. I sold my 2005 Trumpeter/WSN T-34/85 in roiginal condition for $175 in 2021. The Trumpeter T-34/85 is one of the early 1:16 scale model tank with very good details. WSN converted it into an RC model for indoor, smooth surface drive. You can find tons of information on this kit on line about conversion, modification etc. But it is too delicate a model for outdoor use.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5047.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	379559

Comment

IMO, stick with Heng Long. At $169 from Motion RC, the sting of the extra cost will disappear very quickly, and you'll have a well known, parts available tank. One of the best features is the main board. Driving and steering has evolved to be definitely the best in the industry for the cost. It's also one of the most rugged, dependable tanks HL makes.
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                  X