X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can-Am RC Tank Club

Finishing touches on our field almost done in readiness for our first battle day June 24 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7248.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	379966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7240.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	379967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7241.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	379968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7242.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	379969

Looks great! Where is it located?

Steve

Comment

St. Jacobs Ontario. Just outside of Kitchener Waterloo.

Here is the club website

Free forum : The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battelfield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat sy

Comment

Originally posted by Panzermechaniker View Post
        Finishing touches on our field almost done in readiness for our first battle day June 24 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7248.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	379966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7240.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	379967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7241.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	379968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7242.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	379969
        WOW absolute BEAUTIFUL field!!!

Comment

Very nice set up. Where are you guys? I am guessing Canada but that’s kind of a big place. Oops, just found it!

Comment

Absolutely Awesome battlefield! Great job.

Only 7 hours and 24 mins hours away from me by car. I'm gonna have to set some tanks up to battle before I make that trip.

Comment

pretty awesome!
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Kudos to Canada, where you can build a detailed battlefield, in an unfenced area, and expect it to be there the following morning.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Helps we are at a gun club well out of town.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dgsselkirk View Post
                    Helps we are at a gun club well out of town.... :-)
                    Well there ya go.

Welcome to this board. I'm surprised you weren't here already?

Comment

So many forums, pages, can't keep track of them all! LOL!

Comment

Our Battle Day was rained out but we still got more work on the field done and a shot of the V2 site quickly set up. Should be some great pics next weekend from our 3 day battle if the weather co-operates. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7255.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	380494

Comment

Been talking about trying to get a WW2 style monochromatic image. Here is the first effort using just the mercury filter on the photo editor. Should get better the more we play aroundClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7258.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.5 KB ID:	380699Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7258 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	380700

Comment

My .02 cent. Add a bit more "grain" and shadows. Something like this if you are going for the 75 year old photo archive look.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	1EFDB7D7-7DFF-424A-8887-95BA53B9E447.jpg Views:	0 Size:	311.8 KB ID:	380706

Comment

I've never edited a photo before so will try for that grainy shadowy look. Also that photo was taken in bright sunshine. Since we usually have grey crappy weather most of the time here we can get that early 1945 look to work with. Generally we don't use my images but since this thread has just been started I've been just uploading my phone pics. Should get much better ones in the future. Hopefully starting with our 3 day battle weekend starting this Friday

Comment

PM, I've tried to simulate vintage b&w photos. It's not as easy as it seems, is it? I don't think outdoor photos in WW2 were so much grainy as sorta blurry, due to the quality of some of the lenses. Let me know what you come up with.

This was one attempt. Still not right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sM-10 13.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	380720

Have a good time at your battle.

Comment

Wow I think you nailed it perfectly with that one. Hopefully I can pull one off that good

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                    PM, I've tried to simulate vintage b&w photos. It's not as easy as it seems, is it? I don't think outdoor photos in WW2 were so much grainy as sorta blurry, due to the quality of some of the lenses. Let me know what you come up with.

This was one attempt. Still not right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sM-10 13.jpg Views:	7 Size:	246.7 KB ID:	380720

Have a good time at your battle.
                                    But Bob your photo is with the much higher quality US made film and expensive US Army cameras of the time. The German war time film quality was hugely inferior to US film quality and personally owned cameras of the German officers were not as good as the ones provided by the US Army to our troops.

So it follows US photos would be less grainy and clear compared to German photos. I guess I was looking at PMs photo as taken by a German officer using his personal camera from a distance vs close up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

But Bob your photo is with the much higher quality US made film and expensive US Army cameras of the time. The German war time film quality was hugely inferior to US film quality and personally owned cameras of the German officers were not as good as the ones provided by the US Army to our troops.

So it follows US photos would be less grainy and clear compared to German photos. I guess I was looking at PMs photo as taken by a German officer using his personal camera from a distance vs close up.
                                      Hmm, not a Leica then? It's that digital graininess I try to diminish down to say, the level of third rate cameras and paper. PM, I like your first grayscale a lot. Let me ask about your battlefield. The rail line looks very realistic. I imagine your rains fill the dirt in around the tracks. Is that locomotive operational? I used to run a LGB layout in my backyard, ultimately made the locomotive radio controlled with an onboard battery to eliminate those dead spots!

Comment

I'm one of the new guys in the club so although I laid down the tracks this year I don't know a lot about the garden railway itself. Dean said they used to have it operational but it would keep coming off the rails. The problem with the rails is they are 2 different manufacturers with opposite ways of joining and then the soil itself is glacial till so very hard to get the anchors in without hitting a stone. We had the tracks out before but they weren't really properly put in the ground so they actually were quite a rough ride for the tanks even and you could get hung up. I found the best way was to dig out a groove, lay and anchor the tracks and then completely cover them with a sandy clay and then let the rains and sun do the rest. Considering they would have been hastily built spur lines to deliver to the missile sites I figured the half buried look worked. We should have some more rails and rail cars coming this weekend so we could possibly extend and improve what has been laid down. But thanks for the compliment. The field has been under construction pretty well for the last 2 years as the brick roads were put in by a club member skilled in that. It just seemed to suddenly all come together a couple of weekends ago. It is a large field with a lot of features and very difficult to get it all into one photo frame

Comment

Working...
                                        X