X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback request?

Just wondering how many people use the JCC compact recoil units? And if so, what did you like/dislike? Aka feedback!

The Gen 2 versions where sold through Forgebear and DGS Selkirk Military Hobby, The Gen 4 versions through only the latter currently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final-Gen4.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	382597
    Above image is the final 3D modeled version of the Gen 4 w/direct linkage and cam elevation tail options.

Plus all those Custom Firefly kit recoil versions also sold through DGS.

Feedback please.

Originally posted by Jarlath View Post
    Just wondering how many people use the JCC compact recoil units? And if so, what did you like/dislike? Aka feedback!

The Gen 2 versions where sold through Forgebear and DGS Selkirk Military Hobby, The Gen 4 versions through only the latter currently.

Name:	Final-Gen4.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	382597
    Above image is the final 3D modeled version of the Gen 4 w/direct linkage and cam elevation tail options.

Plus all those Custom Firefly kit recoil versions also sold through DGS.

Feedback please.

Another one to look at is the newly released Mod B-1 by JVM3Dconcepts available via RichJohnson on this site.

Here are a few photos of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Another one to look at is the newly released Mod B-1 by JVM3Dconcepts available via RichJohnson on this site.

Here are a few photos of mine.
      Rubi, Where are your photos?

Comment

Not used this my self, but Forgebear is showing out of stock..

Comment

I think the point has been missed of this post. Jarlath is involved in the design/production/sale of this unit and is looking for feedback on his product from the community. Pros...cons, that sort of thing so that he can improve it.

Comment

Some image of design comparisons for those unfamiliar with this recoil unit. Again, looking for feedback from those who have used them.
            I only use ABS material for my printed products.

Images show Original Clark (left), Marketed JCC Compact Recoil (centre), and Prototype JCC Compact Recoil II (right)

Click image for larger version  Name:	gen4-010.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	382673

Click image for larger version  Name:	gen4-012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	382674

JCC Compact Recoil Kit (aka Gen 2): Features/Options
            • Sprung barrel that allowed for direct barrel impact energy absorption.
            • 3 linkage options for inverse of recoil length vs impact resistance (15mm max travel)
            • Cam elevation Tail & Servo elevation tail mounting options
            • Can be expanded to allow for LED/Flash installation in barrel
            JCC Compact Recoil Kit II (aka Gen 4): Features/Options
            • Optional Sprung Barrel (Must install a tail option.)
            • 2 linkage options: Linkage for sprung barrel or direct Z-bar
            • Side elevation capable with Cam elevation Tail & Servo elevation tail mounting options
            • Barrel travel with optional elevation tail installed is limited to 19mm max.
            • Pass through to allow for LED/Flash installation in barrel

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

Rubi, Where are your photos?
              Sorry did not see they hadn't uploaded. These are the JVM3Dconcepts Mod - B1 "basic" recoil units. They fit both rotary and lifting arm styles of stock HL elevation units. They are sold by RichJohnson Models and Stuff. They are available now and more designs are on the way.

They look similar to ones already available on the market but are superior in materials used and they are super slick no sanding to smooth out the function of the "barrel shuttle" is needed. This is because JVM3Dconcepts makes them out of a special blend of engineering resins which are both super strong and super smooth.

Attached Files

Comment

I have installed the JVM B-1 in my HL Sherman turret destined for my Kelly's Heroes project. Fits fine, runs fine! In this case I'm using the stock HL side rotary motorized elevator. Each installation will be different. In this one, the elevation pivot point is part of the mantlet, which is why the JVM pivots aren't being used. One feature of the JVM is the optional "tongue" that sticks out the rear for use in tanks with the lifting arm elevator. It is a separate part which can be screwed on or not as needed. Looks like the JCC model has the same feature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3654.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.8 KB ID:	382699
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Rubicon thanks for posting those photos. I’ve been off the earth for a week at the San Diego comic con so I’m just getting back to reality now.
                  I do not have photos up on my website yet as the whole first run of recoil units sold out in an instant.
                  I already have another order in with JVM3d for a bunch of recoils so I’m in their lineup when they can get to me so I will have them really soon.

Im glad Jarlath is making recoils as well. He looks to have some nice designs. I do not mind competition at all and am happy to see more aftermarket components made outside of Asia where they are more accessible. That was what prompted me to to have JVM3d draw up what I wanted and produce it for me.
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                    I think the point has been missed of this post. Jarlath is involved in the design/production/sale of this unit and is looking for feedback on his product from the community. Pros...cons, that sort of thing so that he can improve it.
                    LOL. True. But since there is no feedback here, I can only surmise that my unit has not been seen much here (with this Forum's frequenters anyways...)

Name:	RIMG0339.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	383238
                    One of my first generation recoil units, a Clark Clone that did not have the side elevation groove on it.
                    Mounted in my Jadgpanther that is for testing (you can see the 3D printed FPV transmitter housing in the image..)
                    Yes the timestamp is correct, I've been evolving the design for over 5 years now...

Name:	P4010836.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	383242
                    One of the first installations of the latest generation recoil was I did was to my M41 Bulldog. (Apr 2020).
                    This just got finished in early 2023 (upgraded to a TK-50S) and has now become my main battler.

Name:	PA060876.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	383239
                    A rebuilt KV-1 turret that once had the old butchered BB unit conversion for recoil. (Oct 2020)

Name:	PZ3-J08.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	383240
                    Conversion of a stock HL PZIII to use a new recoil unit. Customer wanted to save $ so he supplied the servo. (All plastic cheapie & not my first choice, Aug 2021)

Name:	KT_Turret.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	383241
                    Conversion of a Taigen Metal Turret KT (Henschel turret) to servo recoil. Customers seem to really dislike the A****am units but do not want to spend and extra few $$ for a good servo and offer to supply their own... (Oct 2021).

I had two other conversions in 2022, but never received permission from the customer to post images (Tanks were rebuilds of a 2010 HL KT of a deceased CAN AM member, and his spouse's WSN T34. Both now still put into battle by the spouse). I have my newest conversion build in another thread (updating a Taigen Panther with servo recoil & elevation) so not bothering to post images here. (Lazy!)

The only failures I ever had that involved any components on the recoil unit breaking was the original clark clones. Impact on the barrel destroyed the gear teeth by shearing them.

Comment

I have one of your older full sized units in my Taigen IS-2. Haven't had any issues with it. I do own one of the compact units, that I was going to install in my T34/76, but it was too big for that application so it's sitting in my spares bin right now. I haven't bought anymore recoil units as now that I have access to a 3D printer so I just print the one from RC Tanks Australia and adapt it to whatever tank I want to use it on.

Comment

How can I buy one of your recoil units for T34/75 and others?

Comment

Originally posted by Chs51 View Post
                          How can I buy one of your recoil units for T34/75 and others?
                          I personally don't sell recoil units. I own a 3D printer and I am 3D printing recoil units from STL files that are freely available for non-commercial use. Key is non-commercial. If I were to print and sell someone one else's design that is available freely, that is an infringement on their intellectual property and I respect the designer's intellectual property by not selling their design for my own profit.

Comment

Understand. Since I don’t have a printer nor know anything about 3D printing, is there a comparable quality recoil unit using servos available for purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Chs51 View Post
                              Understand. Since I don’t have a printer nor know anything about 3D printing, is there a comparable quality recoil unit using servos available for purchase?
                              Contact RichJohnson on the site. He sells the JVM3Dconcepts servo recoil units through his business RichJohnson Models & Stuff.

Name:	36AEE4C4-B56E-4701-A471-FB69637B3225.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	383527Click image for larger version

Name:	437D438B-DA82-453D-B2FC-0DABF376E7AB.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	383528

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                  I have one of your older full sized units in my Taigen IS-2. Haven't had any issues with it. I do own one of the compact units, that I was going to install in my T34/76, but it was too big for that application so it's sitting in my spares bin right now. I haven't bought anymore recoil units as now that I have access to a 3D printer so I just print the one from RC Tanks Australia and adapt it to whatever tank I want to use it on.
                                  I recall that was on RCTW? It looked promising back then. Alas, even the JVM3D would not fit in the T-34/76 turret as it is as large as the original Clark recoil unit it is based upon.

Comment

Yup...that was my build.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlath View Post

I recall that was on RCTW? It looked promising back then. Alas, even the JVM3D would not fit in the T-34/76 turret as it is as large as the original Clark recoil unit it is based upon.
                                      JVM3Dconepts has a much shorter version. About 1/3 shorter. Its their Mod 3S version. RichJohnson only asked for the Mod 1B version to be made for him as it has wider use in more tank.

I actually have one of the Mod 3S version. To give an example of the size difference between the 1B and 3S here is a photo of the barrel shuttle. Top is 1B bottom is 3S.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1939EAD3-BCAD-4EF2-9F73-CDFEB6F65C8A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	384249

Comment

The issue with the T34/76 1942 turret is how it tapers down in the front. It doesn't have a lot of room.

Comment

Working...
                                        X