Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal upgrade parts, Let the fun begin.

I received my upgrade parts this week for my 2011 Pershing, and Bulldog. I'm not sure which one I'm going to do first but looking forward to it. The search will be getting a lot of use, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Any pointers off the top of your guy's heads?

Originally posted by RonV View Post
    I received my upgrade parts this week for my 2011 Pershing, and Bulldog. I'm not sure which one I'm going to do first but looking forward to it. The search will be getting a lot of use, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Any pointer off the top of your guys heads?
    Nothing to worry about it. The upgrade to the new electronics is really easy.

Comment

In 2005, I purchased my second Heng Long RTR tank, the Snow Leopard and spent a small fortune getting metal upgrade parts from Germany. At that time, no interest about the upgrades in US. The cast zink alloy parts in the early days of HL were brittle and fit poorly. I put them away and did not touch them untill 2018. The 2005 HL Pershing tank still ran as was.

To my very pleasant surprise, the Heng Long metal upgrade parts at that time were cheap, plentiful and mostly of good quality. I mixed some Tamiya, Torro/Taigen, Mato and Heng Long parts and really have fun. Some of the upgrade need some twist and I got good support on this forum. All of the upgrades work well and I have lots of fun. This Pershing has a 2005 plastic chassis and 2022 electronics, mechanism plus a 2023 long recoil metal barrel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5124.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	383844Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5130.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.5 KB ID:	383842Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	383843

Comment

Working...
      X