X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
    I've used a lot of the Taigen volume controls and what I do when I get them is put some hot glue over the connection points on the board. That keeps them from falling apart. Alternatively I use some of that self-sealing tape that only sticks to itself when you stretch it. I will use that to insulate the volume control and it keeps the cables from breaking loose. I bought some of these for my larger tanks since they have more room as this volume control is more than twice as big as the Taigen.

Is it me or Taigen soldering crappy? I've had the volume wires break at the connection and worse, sometimes even the power switch wiring.

Comment

It's not so much crappy soldering on the volume controls, it's just small stranded wire so it's just fragile. The switch wiring is a little dodgy by the looks of it. Who knows where they are sourcing them from. From what I can tell, they aren't using flux which is what causes a lot of the issues. There are a lot of people that solder without flux and I'm just not sure why they would do that. Flux makes all your solder joints better as long as you use the right flux and do the proper clean up of the flux after soldering if it's acid based.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
        It's not so much crappy soldering on the volume controls, it's just small stranded wire so it's just fragile. The switch wiring is a little dodgy by the looks of it. Who knows where they are sourcing them from. From what I can tell, they aren't using flux which is what causes a lot of the issues. There are a lot of people that solder without flux and I'm just not sure why they would do that. Flux makes all your solder joints better as long as you use the right flux and do the proper clean up of the flux after soldering if it's acid based.
        Yeah I've made it a habit to redo my Taigen switches and wiring as a result. No need to have a wire to break loose and have a freaking live wire inside my tank you know?

I redid my friend's two Torros I was working on the same way, just in case.

Comment

Working...
        X