X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of servos with a 6.0 mfu

Is it possible to use servos with the 6.0 mfu?I'd like to change the recoil on the t34 to something more realistic

Not easily. 6.1 and 7.1 will wire directly to the board. For the 6.0/7.0, you could try this: https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/signa...er-taigen.html

Comment

Originally posted by BcuriousR View Post
      Not easily. 6.1 and 7.1 will wire directly to the board. For the 6.0/7.0, you could try this: https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/signa...er-taigen.html
      And it works. I have just gotten 10 barrel recoil units from RJ when I went to SD. I will gradually install those signal converter (from Germany) into 10 of my favorite tanks with the 6.0 mfu boards inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
        Is it possible to use servos with the 6.0 mfu?I'd like to change the recoil on the t34 to something more realistic
        Using a Servo signal converter to add servo recoil to Henglong 6.0 & 7.0 MFU's

Explaining the use of a travel tuner to adjust a servo's travel

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Using a Servo signal converter to add servo recoil to Henglong 6.0 & 7.0 MFU's

Explaining the use of a travel tuner to adjust a servo's travel

Zipper, the servo arm looks symmetrical in the recoil and return action with this adaptor. It looks very similar to the HL trigger motor recoil. With the HL 6.1/7.1 MFU, the barrel return is significantly damped to make it look realistic. Do you have an actual barrel recoil video of this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

And it works. I have just gotten 10 barrel recoil units from RJ when I went to SD. I will gradually install those signal converter (from Germany) into 10 of my favorite tanks with the 6.0 mfu boards inside.
            Do you have an video that demonstrates the barrel return action using the small adaptor board?

Comment

Anyone has a first hand experience with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board? Does it show a damped slower barrel return like the HL 6.1/7.1 MFU? Or it has a fast barrel return just like the HL 6.0/7.0 MFU trigger motor recoil?

Comment

Originally posted by BcuriousR View Post
                Do you have a first hand experience with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board? Does it show a damped slower barrel return like the HL 6.1/7.1 MFU? Or it has a fast barrel return just like the HL 6.0/7.0 MFU trigger motor recoil?

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  Anyone has a first hand experience with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board? Does it show a damped slower barrel return like the HL 6.1/7.1 MFU? Or it has a fast barrel return just like the HL 6.0/7.0 MFU trigger motor recoil?
                  Here is how the barrel recoils after I installed the signal converter (adapter) into my tank which has the 7.0 board inside. For the 6.0 board, it should be the same too.

I installed the signal converter barrel recoil board which I ordered from RCtank.de. With this I don't need to order the 7.1 to have barrel recoil function ...

Comment

Here is one that was connected to the Henglong 6.0 board.

I installed the signal converter barrel recoil board which I ordered from RCtank.de. This unit was installed into the 6.0 board of the Henglong 1/16 scale tank.

Comment

Looks really good, David.
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                        Here is one that was connected to the Henglong 6.0 board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBrkocc3Eyk
                        A servo recoil with the HL 6.1S MFU is supposed to have a fast recoil and a damped, slow barrel return.

It looks very similar to the HL trigger motor recoil with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board. The barrel recoil and return motion seem symmetrical.

Comment

A servo recoil with the HL 6.1S MFU is supposed to have a fast recoil and a damped, slow barrel return.

It looks very similar to the HL trigger motor recoil with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board. The barrel recoil and return motion seem symmetrical.
                          That tank has the 6.1 board inside. You are asking for your 6.0 board.

Comment

The answer is "NO". You must have the 6.1/7.1 MFU pair with a servo recoil to make the T-34 recoil "more realistic".

It looks very similar to the HL trigger motor recoil with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board and a servo recoil. The barrel recoil and return motion seem symmetrical from DavidN video.​

The most unrealistic recoil is the one with servo gun elevation. The gun tilts up slowly AFTER the barrel recoil and return no matter which MFU you use. It is as bad as it can get.

Comment

The answer is "NO". You must have the 6.1/7.1 MFU pair with a servo recoil to make the T-34 recoil "more realistic".

It looks very similar to the HL trigger motor recoil with the heng-long-panzer.de servo adaptor board and a servo recoil. The barrel recoil and return motion seem symmetrical from DavidN video.​

The most unrealistic recoil is the one with servo gun elevation. The gun tilts up slowly AFTER the barrel recoil and return no matter which MFU you use. It is as bad as it can get.
                              What you are seeing is the "reload" feature of the barrel elevating after the shot. This can be turned off so that it is just a straight recoil back and forward. The "reload" elevation is meant for use in the modern tanks like the Leopard and T90/72 which actually have to raise their barrels during reloading.

Tamiya has this feature built into the MFU for their Leopard 2 as well. You can't turn it off with the Tamiya system so at least HL thought ahead when they included it with the 6.1/7.1 systems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D1C0897B-C8C8-4F73-9BA7-A6836B0E4F3F.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	387777

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

What you are seeing is the "reload" feature of the barrel elevating after the shot. This can be turned off so that it is just a straight recoil back and forward. The "reload" elevation is meant for use in the modern tanks like the Leopard and T90/72 which actually have to raise their barrels during reloading.

Tamiya has this feature built into the MFU for their Leopard 2 as well. You can't turn it off with the Tamiya system so at least HL thought ahead when they included it with the 6.1/7.1 systems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D1C0897B-C8C8-4F73-9BA7-A6836B0E4F3F.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	387777
                                Thank you for the clarification. The US Abrams does not have automatic reload. Does the barrel tilt during the manual reload?

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. The US Abrams does not have automatic reload. Does the barrel tilt during the manual reload?
                                  No. But the feature was added because HL sells vastly more Leopards and T90/72s then Abrams.

Comment

Below is how a servo recoil and servo elevation works on a HL German Leopard 2A6 with the 7.1 MFU. (The OP probably included a few more function than a generic TK-7.1 MFU.)
                                    Motherboard:Heng long TK-7.1 High voltage flash deviceFire smoke device for tanksHandcrafted engine smoke devicehorizontal gyroscopevertical gyroscopegel lau...

A few members said that they can duplicate this servo recoil with the HL 6.0/7.0 MFU with an adaptor board. But all the related videos I had seen show that it is no more realistic than the simple HL trigger motor recoil unit.

On the T-34, you can use the 7.1 MFU to disable the gun tilting function which is unique to modern tanks with auto loading.

Comment

Working...
                                    X