You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heng Long Tiger 1, First hobby grade Tank.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Toucan Hobby has good inventory of Heng Long tank in New Jersey. MotionRC ships from the Illinois warehouse. Taigen/Torro ships from Florida. You can get the ordered item in 4-7 days if they are in stock. Both of these are very reliable.

dklmrc.com and kenny in Hong Kong are specialty store where you can find hard to locate upgrades or upscale models. They use only airmail from HK that takes 2-3 weeks.

Shipment from China takes at least 2 weeks if you stick with the major sellers on e-bay. Don't be tempted by the low price of unknown sellers. It may take a while to get the item from distributor and they use small shipping companies that usually take a long time. 2-3 months is not unusual.

Long shipment time is NOT a good sign. It means the item could be shipped by surface mail and has a much higher chance of getting damaged during shipping.
    thank you, my eyes have been opened about this matter. I’m looking for alternative tanks that are stocked in the US now.

Comment

Toucan Hobby has good inventory of Heng Long tank in New Jersey. MotionRC ships from the Illinois warehouse. Taigen/Torro ships from Florida. You can get the ordered item in 4-7 days if they are in stock. Both of these are very reliable.

dklmrc.com and kenny in Hong Kong are specialty store where you can find hard to locate upgrades or upscale models. They use only airmail from HK that takes 2-3 weeks.

Shipment from China takes at least 2 weeks if you stick with the major sellers on e-bay. Don't be tempted by the low price of unknown sellers. It may take a while to get the item from distributor and they use small shipping companies that usually take a long time. 2-3 months is not unusual.

Long shipment time is NOT a good sign. It means the item could be shipped by surface mail and has a much higher chance of getting damaged during shipping.
      Motion rc’s website is very glitchy. Do you actually purchase from this?

Comment

I haven’t had any trouble with their site and I’m on it just about every day. They are a minor seller of H-L tanks. Toucan is the main seller in the US. I usually get my tanks from Toucan by going direct to one of their sales person and make a reasonable but low ball offer. Parts I usually get from Motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I haven’t had any trouble with their site and I’m on it just about every day. They are a minor seller of H-L tanks. Toucan is the main seller in the US. I usually get my tanks from Toucan by going direct to one of their sales person and make a reasonable but low ball offer. Parts I usually get from Motion.
          When you deal with Toucan and compare pricing to Motion, how do you compensate for the shipping cost?

IE, I found a very basic plastic Tiger I on Toucan that I was interested in for a project. On their Non US stock site it is $99. with $118. shipping. The same spec tank on Toucans US Stock list is $109. but they were charging $20. shipping. Mind you I live in NY, they are in NJ. I looked at the Upgrade version on Motion and it's $149. the difference between tanks is the Upgrade Motion version has steel gearing and a metal barrel and their shipping is free. So I'm leaning towards Motion unless you have some insider secrets to share. And BTW I am a happy past customer of both Toucan and Motion.

And as of late Motion is very limited with parts they actually have in stock. As well Toucan is limited with US stock parts so neither are winners there.

Comment

The two versions Motion carrie’s are usually different than the 4-5 that Toucan sells. It’s all apples to oranges to plums and you have to ask yourself what’s the best deal. And comparing European non US to US?? Why?

Comment

The two versions Motion carrie’s are usually different than the 4-5 that Toucan sells. It’s all apples to oranges to plums and you have to ask yourself what’s the best deal.
              Got it, no worries.

I just happen to be shopping for a Tiger 1 now too and am comparing Fuji's with Granny Smith's, and my main query is that for the 2 apples I am looking at the free shipping from Motion seems a better deal is all.

And comparing European non US to US?? Why?
              I guess I should have been clearer. I mean for the low ball price for the salesperson thing you're talking about from Toucan. Would I offer the lesser Euro price or even lower? And who do you deal with? The person trying to contact me when I'm looking on their site and making up a cart?

Comment

I usually look at the version on eBay I want and then ask the person I know for a shipped price about 10% lower. Usually they say yes but not always. Be clear of exactly what version you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post

Motion rc’s website is very glitchy. Do you actually purchase from this?
                  I have purchased parts from MotionRC, but not a HL tank. Can you elaborate on what you mean that "Motion rc’s website is very glitchy."?

Comment

I have purchased parts from MotionRC, but not a HL tank. Can you elaborate on what you mean that "Motion rc’s website is very glitchy."?
                    For me, when I attempted to enter the website, and began to search up “heng long rc Tanks” it didn’t let me bring any up.

Comment

I have no problems at all.

Comment

I have no problems at all.
                        I actually reset my device, and now it’s working great!

Comment

Working...
                        X