You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Rc tank main gun fire board.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Rc tank main gun fire board.

So there I was, working on my Rc tank. I can across the wires that the motor for the bb firing mechanism, completely disconnected. Does anyone have any idea where they connect? Also, I would like to state that this is my first tank. I’m 14 so please excuse any grammatical mistakes in my reply. I do have engineering background, I’ve taken several more advanced courses. And I have a few hobby grade rc’s.
    Attached Files

I was taking the spring loaded firing mechanism apart, because it needed white lithium grease; end I ended up accidentally pulling the motor wires out. And no, I don’t know where they came from, and I cant Sauter. I do know there is other ways to re-mount wires so I’m not too worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post
      So there I was, working on my Rc tank. I can across the wires that the motor for the bb firing mechanism, completely disconnected. Does anyone have any idea where they connect? Also, I would like to state that this is my first tank. I’m 14 so please excuse any grammatical mistakes in my reply. I do have engineering background, I’ve taken several more advanced courses. And I have a few hobby grade rc’s.
      Also, I’m aware of the trip switch. Is there any way I can work around it?

Comment

Was really hoping for an overnight response. Oh well

Comment

What kind of tank?

Comment

Was really hoping for an overnight response. Oh well
            You can hope for that, but not expect it. We are fellow hobbyists, not service reps. And as Evan said, what tank are you talking about? Heng Long, Taigen, Tamiya or other? What scale? How old? What main board brand and version? Also, how about not starting two threads asking the same question?
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

He asked for help in multiple places...

"This is a toy grade, sudpex 1:18 scale Tiger one. It’s the newest version. There is no model number. "

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                He asked for help in multiple places...

"This is a toy grade, sudpex 1:18 scale Tiger one. It’s the newest version. There is no model number. "
                Exactly what he had said. Also I know you guys aren’t service reps, I was just hoping I could start working on the fix in the morning lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

You can hope for that, but not expect it. We are fellow hobbyists, not service reps. And as Evan said, what tank are you talking about? Heng Long, Taigen, Tamiya or other? What scale? How old? What main board brand and version? Also, how about not starting two threads asking the same question?
                  This ^^^^^^^ !

Comment

Looks like the first thing you need to learn, is to solder. From the photographs shown, it looks like all the wires have been disconnected.. The only clue I have is there appears to be the remains of wires connected to the terminals marked SK.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
                      Looks like the first thing you need to learn, is to solder. From the photographs shown, it looks like all the wires have been disconnected.. The only clue I have is there appears to be the remains of wires connected to the terminals marked SK.
                      Yes I believe I need to rework those, also my dad taught me hoe to solder today. I’m doing an attempt at fixing it tonight. I’ll keep you posted.

Comment

Hope you can sort it. Your skill levels, on all aspects of work will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
                          Hope you can sort it. Your skill levels, on all aspects of work will improve.

I flipped the board, and found the switch to activate the main cannon was labeled “SK”. Im now reworking from there. Tonight I should have it sorted out. If so I’ll post a video of it firing.

Comment

Well, there is to the end of my Rc tanks firing capabilities. The board burnt out. It’s alright though, I’m getting new tanks soon.

Comment

Well, there is to the end of my Rc tanks firing capabilities. The board burnt out. It’s alright though, I’m getting new tanks soon.
                              How many shoots it took before burning out the firing board? Sounds lots of firing power.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

How many shoots it took before burning out the firing board? Sounds lots of firing power.
                                It wasn’t a matter of firing the gun, and loosing it through a power overload. The problem was a faulty solder. But it shot around 35m~40m before it burnt out.

Comment

Working...
                                X