X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merkava, Merkava, Merkava

I have my one Merkava. My Toucan rep emailed me and stated that she had 2 sitting in her US warehouse. They were returned by customers because of mechanical and firing issues. She was trying to clear out her warehouse and would give me discounts if I would take them. Well....They arrived. I fixed them up and I am now "stuck" with them :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8836.jpg Views:	5 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	391027 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8851.jpg Views:	5 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	391028

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8837.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	391030 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8838.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	391031

Comment

Name:	IMG_8847.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	391033

Name:	IMG_8848A.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	391034

Comment

Name:	IMG_8846.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	391036

Name:	IMG_8842.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	391037

Comment

Name:	IMG_8839.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	391039 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8840.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	391040

Comment

With the lighting and lack of any objects for scale reference, those look like actual tanks. The Merkava has to be one of if not the coolest looking tanks around.

Comment

Wellll that's quite a conundrum getting "stuck" with them David. But I can't imagine a better home for injured Merkavas to get mended and join your armored forces.

When are they hitting the battlefield? They're lookin good BTW.

Comment

DavidN You are still refusing to fit the balls & chain, LOL.

Comment

I got rid of my ball and chain years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post
                    Wellll that's quite a conundrum getting "stuck" with them David. But I can't imagine a better home for injured Merkavas to get mended and join your armored forces.

When are they hitting the battlefield? They're lookin good BTW.
                    Thank you! These 2 new Merkavas will hit the battlefield in LA 12/9/23.

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                      DavidN You are still refusing to fit the balls & chain, LOL.
                      Correct! I added some blankets and tarps at the rear of their turrets though, heheh!

Name:	IMG_8850A.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	391059 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8852.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	391060 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8853A.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	391061

Comment

BTW, your A2 looks as bad as mine in terms of how dark the turret was sprayed. Just too busy to fix, mine runs great after swapping out the gearbox. Looks impressive to have 3 lined up!

Comment

BTW, your A2 looks as bad as mine in terms of how dark the turret was sprayed. Just too busy to fix, mine runs great after swapping out the gearbox. Looks impressive to have 3 lined up!
                          What gearbox did your Merkava originally have? What does it have now?

I may not get mine for a while yet because the seller at AliExpress refuses to ship. I emailed AliExpress customer service 3 times and did not get a answer.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                            What gearbox did your Merkava originally have? What does it have now?

I may not get mine for a while yet because the seller at AliExpress refuses to ship. I emailed AliExpress customer service 3 times and did not get a answer.
                            You must have forgotten the PM, it was the Heng Xin with a misaligned mounting hole.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                              I have my one Merkava. My Toucan rep emailed me and stated that she had 2 sitting in her US warehouse. They were returned by customers because of mechanical and firing issues. She was trying to clear out her warehouse and would give me discounts if I would take them. Well....They arrived. I fixed them up and I am now "stuck" with them :-)

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8836.jpg Views:	5 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	391027 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8851.jpg Views:	5 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	391028
                              This is great news!! The Merkava is an excellent modern tank for IR battling. Happy to see you picked them up👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Correct! I added some blankets and tarps at the rear of their turrets though, heheh!

Name:	IMG_8850A.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	391059 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8852.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	391060 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8853A.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	391061
                                If you don't want the accessory "balls" I would be happy to take them off your hands.

Comment

Really cool, but aren’t you going to paint them? The color henglong paints them is just hideous.
                                  From 2005 when the mk4 was released they were a dark green color. I found a mix of Tamiya khaki and dark green #2 50/50 is a pretty close match. Some of the mark 3 marks that were in reserve storage that have been deployed for the current action in Israel are still this dark green color.

Recently the IDF color has become more khaki with a green tint and from what I can tell a mix of khaki and dark green #2 of a ratio of 4 or 5 parts khaki to one part green seems to create that khaki greenish grey ish changing color. When sprayed with an airbrush over black primer.

Then take the tank out and shovel a pile of fine dirt on it, shake it off and you will look just like the real thing!
                                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

You must have forgotten the PM, it was the Heng Xin with a misaligned mounting hole.
                                      Yes, I forget our discussion at the Merkava review thread. I assume that your Heng Xin came with the 390 red motors?

I was very tempted to try the higher end CNC gearbox for the Merkava. At the end, I could not convince myself what benefit they might have over the Heng Xin.

Comment

The enclosed "CNC" gearboxes mount differently. They have to mount from the bottom of the tank and not the top. That may cause some issues to some people. They also use an M3 machine screw and not that typical rough thread screw the stock gearboxes use.

Comment

Working...
                                        X