Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris curran View Post

Thanks Bob. I hope you're not referring to the real one Chef posted? 😆😆😋😋
    No worries with SocalBob. He knows whats up. Thats why I liked his response.

The reason I posted the real tank up is to give you an idea what was really done. Looks like a couple of thick hooks were welded at the top of the front armor plate on both sides. I don't know if you have to drill but for certain you'd need to glue.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

No worries with SocalBob. He knows whats up. Thats why I liked his response.

The reason I posted the real tank up is to give you an idea what was really done. Looks like a couple of thick hooks were welded at the top of the front armor plate on both sides. I don't know if you have to drill but for certain you'd need to glue.
      I saw that clearer in the Model link you shared. I made a set and used rubber cement to affix them. They look great. Thank you again.

Comment

​

​Go ahead drill, it's liberating
        The thing that's holding me back is drilling holes in the top of the turret. I was thinking about trimming the "Track holder mount pegs down, and just use rubber cement to hold them in place. This way if I no longer want the look I can take them off without putting holes in the turret and having to fill and sand the holes. I don't know. I like the look with the tracks, but I like the cammo in the side of the turret.

Comment

Ya gotta make a solid plan and convince yourself along the way.

Because My Tiger used to look like this-

I gave her a facial. Now she looks like this-

Comment

The thing that's holding me back is drilling holes in the top of the turret. I was thinking about trimming the "Track holder mount pegs down, and just use rubber cement to hold them in place. This way if I no longer want the look I can take them off without putting holes in the turret and having to fill and sand the holes. I don't know. I like the look with the tracks, but I like the cammo in the side of the turret.
            Get over it, and grow a pair. 🤣🤣🤣. Seriously, if you are running your tanks, parts need drilling and pinning, as well as gluing, or you’ll spend a lot of time looking for bits that have fell off.

Comment

Very neat work Mr C. Your skills are surpassing mine. Which to be fair aren’t high to start with. I wish I had done the drivers vision block on my Tiger as neat as yours.

Comment

Ok. Here are some Updates. I drilled holes, added Track Armor Made brackets for front Glacius armor added bucket and engine screens.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20231204_110831.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.1 KB ID:	392009
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post

Get over it, and grow a pair. 🤣🤣🤣. Seriously, if you are running your tanks, parts need drilling and pinning, as well as gluing, or you’ll spend a lot of time looking for bits that have fell off.
                  I grew a pair. Check out the result. 😎😎😎😎

Comment

That is some great work there Chef.

Comment

I grew a pair. Check out the result. 😎😎😎😎
                      Brilliant work. They say, the first cut is the hardest.
                      I only found out the other day, that the machine gun is a representation the wrong type. And that it wouldn’t have been fitted in the position it is now, when going into battle. Apparently it is the same one that fit in either the mantle or the bow position, where it is used in battle. It is only mounted where you have it for aircraft defence when in the rear. Just some useless information I read somewhere…..

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post

Brilliant work. They say, the first cut is the hardest.
                        I only found out the other day, that the machine gun is a representation the wrong type. And that it wouldn’t have been fitted in the position it is now, when going into battle. Apparently it is the same one that fit in either the mantle or the bow position, where it is used in battle. It is only mounted where you have it for aircraft defence when in the rear. Just some useless information I read somewhere…..
                        Thanks Ian. Once I did it it was easier, Plus I can still remove it if I want. As for the MG: I have it mounted for AA use behind the lines . The same thought applies when I apply the Aircraft recognition flag. Once it goes into battle, the MG and flag get removed.

Comment

Made some more improvements. I think you'll like.

Comment

Ok. Now I finally fixed the " Offending " Head lights, and put a little weld at the turret lift points.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. So Chris, will this be a battler or a showpiece?
                              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                Very nice. So Chris, will this be a battler or a showpiece?
                                Thanks SoCal. Those were the last major hurtle with this. It'll be more of a show piece. I will drive it around, but not going to do any Heavy bashing with it. Especially since it has the plastic tracks and sprockets. Besides, I'm not sure if we have tank battle arenas here in upstate NY. I'll have to ask Chef about that.

Comment

How far upstate? My family lived near Middletown, NY for 44 summers.

The reason I asked about the tank use is that mine are primarily for running. Consequently, anything that was glued onto the bottom half of the hull has long been scraped off!

You might take a look at Mato tanks, like their Tiger 1. All metal, heavy, which is good. Geared slower than HL, also good. Bearings on all wheels, and rubber tires where appropriate. I had a bad experience with an earlier one, but lately their product has improved. Mine run well, look good, and the bits & pieces don't get knocked off as easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panzer III 03.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	393988 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	393989 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	393990 Click image for larger version

Name:	M4A3E4 Kelly 09.jpg
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	393991

Comment

How far upstate? My family lived near Middletown, NY for 44 summers.

The reason I asked about the tank use is that mine are primarily for running. Consequently, anything that was glued onto the bottom half of the hull has long been scraped off!

You might take a look at Mato tanks, like their Tiger 1. All metal, heavy, which is good. Geared slower than HL, also good. Bearings on all wheels, and rubber tires where appropriate. I had a bad experience with an earlier one, but lately their product has improved. Mine run well, look good, and the bits & pieces don't get knocked off as easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panzer III 03.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	393988 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	393989 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	393990 Click image for larger version

Name:	M4A3E4 Kelly 09.jpg
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	393991
                                    Been looking at them as well. The price has kept me at bay. I live near Kingston. about an hour and 20 from Middletown.

Comment

I buy the static IR versions to save a buck. I have enough spare components to equip them. My most recent one, they Panzer III has motors and gears and servos for elevation and recoil. I added a 7.1 HL board and a turret rotation motor, from an earlier conversion of a Pz IV to a StuG IV, also a speaker.

Comment

I buy the static IR versions to save a buck. I have enough spare components to equip them. My most recent one, they Panzer III has motors and gears and servos for elevation and recoil. I added a 7.1 HL board and a turret rotation motor, from an earlier conversion of a Pz IV to a StuG IV, also a speaker.
                                        One day I'll get a metal version, The closest one I have is a Metal track T34/85. If anything breaks off I can fix or replace it. I like that Panzer III and your Sherman.

Comment

Working...
                                        X