Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make more reliable track by eliminating pin walking

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
    Start a different thread and that way more people can find and read the difference ways to go about reducing pin walking issues.

1. Pin knurled end
    2. CA glue
    3. Pinched pin
    4. ????

Originally posted by keilau View Post

1. Pin knurled end
    2. CA glue
    3. Pinched pin
    4. ????
    For now i took the advice of the CA glue dot on the knurreled side and will try and provide feedback later.
    I put on all the pins, in case i need to take them off i will just heat it up with a sodder iron and it will break the CA glue for the easy pin removal, what i DONT WANT is the pins to go out and we need to stop the play or even loose the tank if we are driving in some step hills and then the tracks go off and you loose control and then the tank will fall down the mountain.
    Wish you all a great weekend ahead.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Im already thinking on a second one to buy just dont know wich one, i saw the tigers and it seems the metal trasks on the tigers give them much more grip.
    the metal tracks on the walker buldog slide a lot on the snow because of the hard ice.

Comment

Originally posted by cravo View Post

For now I took the advice of the CA glue dot on the knurled side and will try and provide feedback later.
      I put on all the pins, in case i need to take them off i will just heat it up with a solder iron and it will break the CA glue for the easy pin removal, what I DONT WANT is the pins to go out and we need to stop the play or even loose the tank if we are driving in some step hills and then the tracks go off and you lost control and then the tank will fall down the mountain.
      Wish you all a great weekend ahead.
      Merry Christmas to all.
      I'm already thinking on a second one to buy just dont know which one, i saw the tigers and it seems the metal tracks on the tigers give them much more grip.
      the metal tracks on the walker Bulldog slide a lot on the snow because of the hard ice.
      The soldering iron is a good idea for metal tracks. For nylon or plastic tracks, my plan B is leaving a few pins not glued.

I have metal tracks on the Tiger, Pershing, T34 and Sherman. Nylon on the German Leopard 2A6. Plastic on the TD M60. I am trying to order a Hooben nylon track for the HL Merkava. You are right that metal tracks on post WW2 tanks slip more.

Accurate alignment of the drive motor axle (perpendicular to tracks) is also very important to prevent de-tracking in a HL RC tank.

Comment

I glue all the pins. I have a watch pin punch that will easily break the pins loose even when glued.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          I glue all the pins. I have a watch pin punch that will easily break the pins loose even when glued.
          Or this could happened. A bunch of broken track endcaps. I replaced them with the plastic endcaps from a HL track.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4983.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	392462

Comment

I guess that doesn't happen as most of my tracks are metal. Any of my plastic tracks are 3D printed so I would just print another... :)

Comment

What about a little thread lock? It's a little more flexible that CA.

Comment

Working...
              X