Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie First Tank Questions

Hi,

Old just retired guy here. Found Rc tanks a few days ago and jumped in. WWII buff for decades so will really dive deep with these scale model RC tanks. My first tank is a Sherman and took delivery yesterday. Took it out and tried the functions prior to putting on decals and the fiddly bits. Quick questions it normal for tank sound and smoke to continue with radio control off? I just turn off tank too of course, but until you do the speaker stays on and smoke too if it has been enabled.

This will be a fun new bit of skills to learn.

Haven't heard of this myself. Is this a Heng Long tank? If you haven't done this, turn the tank off with the transmitter "ignition" button before you turn off the Tx. See if that solves it.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by vtwillys View Post
      Hi,
      Old just retired guy here. Found Rc tanks a few days ago and jumped in. WWII buff for decades so will really dive deep with these scale model RC tanks. My first tank is a Sherman and took delivery yesterday. Took it out and tried the functions prior to putting on decals and the fiddly bits. Quick questions it normal for tank sound and smoke to continue with radio control off? I just turn off tank too of course, but until you do the speaker stays on and smoke too if it has been enabled.

I assume uour Sherman is a Heng Long or Tamiya made RTR tank or something similar. The smoke on-off is optional. The sound volume is controllable. All information is on the manual.

You do want to turn off the tank to preserve the battery charge.

Comment

Originally posted by vtwillys View Post
        Hi,
        Welcome to the forum and the addiction.

What brand of Sherman did you procure? If you get a chance feel free to post up some pictures. You are among friendly and knowledgeable folks here. They will be able to guide you with any issues.

Comment

Thanks. Yes it is an HL tank. Will try suggestions. Understand turning off both control and tank is the way to go. Also can see where the smoke can be turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X