X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding HL 2.4GHz 7.0 transmitter to TK 7.1 receiver

Can you bind a HL 2.4GHz 7.0 transmitter to TK 7.1 receiver and have all the functions of the TK 7.1 work as designed?

Yes. There is no actual 7.1 transmitter. You just can’t mix v6 and v7 radio gear.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      Yes. There is no actual 7.1 transmitter. You just can’t mix v6 and v7 radio gear.
      There is a 7.1 transmitter! Me and Hugo each have one.

It has one more function on the remote hidden as a trim switch to control a periscope or some sort of rotation motor. It is otherwise using the same frequencies and is outwardly appearing the same as a standard 7.0 controller.

Comment

Wow, a stealth 7.1! So that’s how David’s Abram activates the periscope rotation. Now that I think of it, that command is in the 7.0/7.1 instruction sheet. Otherwise externally identical?

Edit: I see Amazon has a 7.1 transmitter advertised! The trim tabs are actually movable, not fixed as in 6.0 & 7.0.

Comment

Glad to hear about the missing function using the 7.0 transmitter with the 7.1 receiver.
          Well, since I want to use ALL the features of my HL TK 7.1 receiver on my HL Merkava MK IV, I ordered a new HL 2.4GHz 7.1 transmitter radio from Toucan in NJ today.

Comment

The 7.1 receivers have a lot of circuit sockets that aren’t used under normal circumstance by 7.0 tx’s……up til now! Apparently the new Abrams has a rotating periscope and a remote control hatch operated by the new 7.1 tx. I wonder if there are more tank function surprises coming. Anybody found any in the Merkava?

Comment

Working...
            X