You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you using as smoke oil alternatives?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you using as smoke oil alternatives?

I try to use Johnson's baby oil 2 drops on each side of the pipes and turned the tank down so the oil go down and then I blower with mouth inside to clear the pipe .
    the results are as follow
    Attached Files

The tank new comes with smoke oil in the smoker unit, I think that's probably what you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      The tank new comes with smoke oil in the smoker unit, I think that's probably what you are seeing.
      No it's not. Mine ended the smoke after using it and the smoke liquid probably was held by customs, since it did not came with the tank. I then bought a needle and a seringa to inject more or less 2 drops on each exhaust pipe and then blow it inside to clear the hole. After that I turned it on and the result is that one.
      I can check also because it has a different smell but almost imperceptible.

Comment

Baby oil is not a good idea it's a hydrocarbon and not good in the lungs....the smokers already come with smoke fluid so they do work right out of the box. Your best bet is to get the stuff designed for these. JT's Mega Steam is probably the best working stuff out there and come in a couple different versions like Diesel. Forgebear Tanks sells it as well as other places online.

Comment

Working...
        X