X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Heng Long 6.1S strangeness

I mainly used Clarks, TCBs, and a few Tamiya MFUs. I was installing some HL MFUs that had been replaced by Clark boards into some vehicles last night like my M113 and my Russian T26 since these vehicles are more for just for fun - not battling. I have one 6.0 transmitter, one 6.0 MFU and one 6.1S MFU. I installed the 6.0 in the M113 since it has no servos. I bound my radio to it and everything worked fine. I then put the 6.1S into the T26 since it needs servo outputs for recoil/elevation. I bound my 6.0 radio to it no problem, the tank starts, and it responds to functions. Here's where the strange starts. The 6.0 is controlled on one stick for the turret elevation/rotation and one stick for the forward/turning of the tracks. When I fire up the 6.1S, it has forward/reverse and turret traverse on one stick. On the other stick it has gun elevation/track turning on the other stick. Since single stick driving works on one and not the other I don't think it's my controller and I don't have another one to test with as all of my other ones are 7 series. I have plenty of 7.0 MFUs, but I need the servo outputs on the T26 and I don't have a 7.1 to swap in anyway.

I tried holding G plus Lock to change the dual current drive selection - no effect.
    I tried holding G and pulling control stick 1 down - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pushing control stick 1 up - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pulling control stick 2 down - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pushing control stick 2 up - didn't fix it.

Anything else I can try? Or is it just dual stick driving on the 6.1S?

I scoured all my HL function manuals and the things I tried were the only things that looked like they would make a difference.

Thanks.

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
    I mainly used Clarks, TCBs, and a few Tamiya MFUs. I was installing some HL MFUs that had been replaced by Clark boards into some vehicles last night like my M113 and my Russian T26 since these vehicles are more for just for fun - not battling. I have one 6.0 transmitter, one 6.0 MFU and one 6.1S MFU. I installed the 6.0 in the M113 since it has no servos. I bound my radio to it and everything worked fine. I then put the 6.1S into the T26 since it needs servo outputs for recoil/elevation. I bound my 6.0 radio to it no problem, the tank starts, and it responds to functions. Here's where the strange starts. The 6.0 is controlled on one stick for the turret elevation/rotation and one stick for the forward/turning of the tracks. When I fire up the 6.1S, it has forward/reverse and turret traverse on one stick. On the other stick it has gun elevation/track turning on the other stick. Since single stick driving works on one and not the other I don't think it's my controller and I don't have another one to test with as all of my other ones are 7 series. I have plenty of 7.0 MFUs, but I need the servo outputs on the T26 and I don't have a 7.1 to swap in anyway.

I tried holding G plus Lock to change the dual current drive selection - no effect.
    I tried holding G and pulling control stick 1 down - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pushing control stick 1 up - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pulling control stick 2 down - didn't fix it.
    I tried holding G and pushing control stick 2 up - didn't fix it.

Anything else I can try? Or is it just dual stick driving on the 6.1S?

I scoured all my HL function manuals and the things I tried were the only things that looked like they would make a difference.

Thanks.
    Sounds like you are in "Tamiya" mode. Press "G" and move the left stick I think it's to the left, not up or down.,

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Sounds like you are in "Tamiya" mode. Press "G" and move the left stick I think it's to the left, not up or down.,
      Thanks. I had read about the Tamiya mode, I just couldn't get it to turn off. Well as it has it, I was doing it right in a sense. It seems I heard a beep and thought it was good, but beep needed to be a "gonk" in order to work. I had to hold G and push control stick one up. I had done that multiple times and it didn't work...until it did. Problem solved. T26 now drives on one stick.

It will beep if the tank is off. It gonked if the tank was on.

Comment

Working...
      X