X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genius or Insanity?

Idle minds, idle hands. My new project follows. Some images may be disturbing. Viewer caution is advised.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

This project is in very early stages. Here are some detail photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator Detail 02.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	393902 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 06.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	393903 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 05.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	393898 Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator Detail 03.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	393899
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Predator Detail 04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	393901 Click image for larger version  Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	393900
    Attached Files

Comment

FOR THE EMPEROR.

feel like this would be better suited to the fist then smurfs

Comment

Unless and until 1/16 scale Warhammer40K tanks start being produced, if we want one we'll have to make do. Most of the W40K tanks seem to be caricatures or parodies of real armor. So many features of the recently released M2 Bradley IFV seemed to be present in the Predator that it couldn't be a coincidence. I am by no means trying to authentically replicate a Space Marines Predator. Let's just say it will be an "inspired by" vehicle. I'm hoping to have some items developed to dress it up!

Name:	PredatorDetail  07.jpg
Views:	392
ID:	393914 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 07.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	393913

My dilemma with the M2 Bradley is that the supplied TD board isn't fully compatible with the Heng Long/Tamiya IR protocols. I installed an HL board but then the autocannon and TOW rising feature were absent. It just sat there on the shelf mocking me. So, out came the spray paint!

Comment

The TD does work with the henglong IR, just fires IR only on the machine gun not the main gun thats all.
          I have been thinking of something along this sort as well since the TD board acts this way. Not as swanky as your bradley conversion is going to be though.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            Unless and until 1/16 scale Warhammer40K tanks start being produced, if we want one we'll have to make do. Most of the W40K tanks seem to be caricatures or parodies of real armor. So many features of the recently released M2 Bradley IFV seemed to be present in the Predator that it couldn't be a coincidence. I am by no means trying to authentically replicate a Space Marines Predator. Let's just say it will be an "inspired by" vehicle. I'm hoping to have some items developed to dress it up!

Name:	PredatorDetail  07.jpg
Views:	392
ID:	393914 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 07.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	393913

My dilemma with the M2 Bradley is that the supplied TD board isn't fully compatible with the Heng Long/Tamiya IR protocols. I installed an HL board but then the autocannon and TOW rising feature were absent. It just sat there on the shelf mocking me. So, out came the spray paint!
            Bob take a look at the smoke launcher on the Challenger 2. They are two piece and one half looks very close to the WH smoke launchers you show. Might consider swapping the launchers out?

Comment

Ohhh this is Fun! I'm in. Let's Go Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Bob take a look at the smoke launcher on the Challenger 2. They are two piece and one half looks very close to the WH smoke launchers you show. Might consider swapping the launchers out?
                I'd hate to mess with my Chally, but I do have other loose spares I can check! Good thought. I'm open to everyone's ideas!

Comment

I'd hate to mess with my Chally, but I do have other loose spares I can check! Good thought. I'm open to everyone's ideas!

I have a few spare Challenger launchers.

Comment

The more the merrier!

Comment

This thing is beyond cool.

Comment

I was looking for a football game to watch this afternoon, didn't find one and instead started watching "Destroy All Monsters!" on TCM. I think the Japanese moviemakers have been holding out on us! In 1968, they had a whole slew of remote control tanks and vehicles. Of course, Godzilla squashed them. Anyway, I'm planning on mounting twin lasers in the main turret.

Name:	IMG_0566.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	393948

Dang it, they beat me by 55 years!

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	393949 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	393950

Comment

Oops, one more detail shot:

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 08.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	393953 Click image for larger version

Name:	Predator Detail  06.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	393952

Comment

There is a guy on the PlayOn YouTube channel that has an RC Guard tank. Not sure which model, but he uses it in his Warhammer 40K games.

Comment

I was looking for a football game to watch this afternoon
                              Should get UK TV. We have had loads of football, in fact too much of it. 😂 No Rugby unfortunately.

This is going to be a seriously cool build.

A friend of mine was a designer in the Nottingham factory where the Warhammer stuff is produced. They took the ideas from Russian armour, of commonality of chassis, with different configurations of weapons. They based a lot on WW1 designs. A lot is based on the M113 Armoured Personnel Carrier. I did ask him if they could up-scale to 1/16, unfortunately as they injection mould their products, due to the costs it would be prohibitive, for what they see as a limited market. I think it would be fun though if they did. Especially given some of the other cool stuff they make for the Space Marines and their enemies.

Comment

A little update: one of the major modifications I need is a twin barrel lasgun in the turret, per post #12. I am not a 3DP'er, but fortunately I made contact with JVM3DConcepts, who has made other mods for our hobby. They do barrels, recoil units, and the turret and gatling gun for my 1946 Panther.

Name:	Panther Gatling Build 22.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	395023

I disassembled the M2 turret to access the gun mount, pivot and mantlet. (By the way, I've found that most of the factory glue used on Heng Long and Tongde tanks is cyanoacrylate (CA) or something similar that can be separated with CA debonder.)

Name:	IMG_0586.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	395024

I recently received the printed mantlet prototype.

Name:	IMG_7672.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	395025 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7673.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	395026

Wow! Kudos to JVM3DConcepts! I've requested more products from them for this project and have high expectations.

Comment

What’s the old adage? There’s a fine line between genius and insanity. Love both these builds. Have you seen this guy.
                                  I decided to make Warhammer better by making a tank drive with full first person view camera on board. The tank can be driven remotely from another room usin...

Comment

Cool video! Couldn't place the accent, though.

Now, if someone, ANYONE, made a 1/16 static model, I'd be all over r/c'ing it! Funny to see, he encountered the same problems and solutions I would have thought of, to install motorization in that hull. I motorized a Panzer 1 model. Worked great, but it wouldn't have been rugged enough for actual battling.

Name:	PzKpfw 1A DAK 06.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	395034

Maybe when mine is done you can show it to the blokes in Nottingham, to get them to upscale one of theirs..

Comment

Cool video! Couldn't place the accent, though.

One of your lot, I think. I struggle to understand you 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Another step forward, courtesy JVM3DConcepts. Barrels are done. I'm inserting fiberglass tubes into them for strength. The barrels and tubes will be cut to desired length.

Name:	IMG_7680.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	395105 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7677.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	395104

Comment

Working...