X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL turret sounds too loud

Has anyone figured out a way to either get rid of the turret sound or tone it down? Several of my Heng Long tanks have turret sounds that are louder than the engine sound. Anyone else annoyed by the drone of the turret rotation? As if the hydraulic or electric motor would be so loud!

Not configurable on the HL tanks. Sound pack is what it is. Only thing you can control on the sounds is the overall volume (or mute all sounds).

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickTank View Post
      Has anyone figured out a way to either get rid of the turret sound or tone it down? Several of my Heng Long tanks have turret sounds that are louder than the engine sound. Anyone else annoyed by the drone of the turret rotation? As if the hydraulic or electric motor would be so loud!
      Are you talking about the sound effects or the actual motor and gear turning sound made by the rotation unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Are you talking about the sound effects or the actual motor and gear turning sound made by the rotation unit?
        The sound effect. The turret movement is much louder than the sound of the engine or the blast of the main gun.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          Not configurable on the HL tanks. Sound pack is what it is. Only thing you can control on the sounds is the overall volume (or mute all sounds).
          That is a shame. I wondered if the sounds were stored on a flashable eeprom.

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickTank View Post

That is a shame. I wondered if the sounds were stored on a flashable eeprom.
            They might be, but we mere mortals don't have the ability to flash the EEPROM. I'm sure some electronics engineer somewhere could figure out a way, but the board doesn't have any external ports like USB or serial or removable storage. I'm sure it's probably loaded at the factory by a machine that touches the right traces on the chip to load it.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

They might be, but we mere mortals don't have the ability to flash the EEPROM. I'm sure some electronics engineer somewhere could figure out a way, but the board doesn't have any external ports like USB or serial or removable storage. I'm sure it's probably loaded at the factory by a machine that touches the right traces on the chip to load it.
              Sounds like a capitalist opportunity! Someone come up with a customizable sound card for the Heng Long tanks....one that new sounds could be flashed to. Hmm.

Comment

If you’re looking for custom sounds, Clark boards have that flash capability.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                  If you’re looking for custom sounds, Clark boards have that flash capability.
                  Awesome! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X