You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 7.0 binding procedure for transmitter and multi-function board?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a 7.0 binding procedure for transmitter and multi-function board?

I'm upgrading my M41 to a 7.0 multi-function board and transmitter. I've scoured the pamphlet that comes with the upgrade but found nothing about binding the transmitter to the multi-function board.
    the only thing that I did see is that the lock button is the binding button. I have purchased a new 7.0 Sherman to do some reverse engineering to make sure I get everything wired correctly.
    Even in the Sherman manual there is nothing about binding.

So, is there a binding procedure?

Turn on TX press "lock" button and hold down as you turn the tank power on. It takes a few seconds and then the tank will start up automatically. When it does TX and RX are bound.

Comment

If you are upgrading from a 6.x to a 7.x it requires a different transmitter. The 6.x will not work with the 7.x MFU. All you have to do is turn your transmitter on while holding the lock button and turn the tank on. It should bind IF they are the same version (either 6.x or 7.x).

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
        Turn on TX press "lock" button and hold down as you turn the tank power on. It takes a few seconds and then the tank will start up automatically. When it does TX and RX are bound.
        Oh man, that sounds too easy.
        Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          If you are upgrading from a 6.x to a 7.x it requires a different transmitter. The 6.x will not work with the 7.x MFU. All you have to do is turn your transmitter on while holding the lock button and turn the tank on. It should bind IF they are the same version (either 6.x or 7.x).
          No, I'm ripping out I think an old X15 board and purchased a complete 7.0 system.

Thanks for the information

Comment

Just as an FYI, you can bind your transmitter to multiple tanks if you like. Some folks like a transmitter for every tank, some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
              Just as an FYI, you can bind your transmitter to multiple tanks if you like. Some folks like a transmitter for every tank, some don't.
              Hmm, Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                RonV , You can find this information at the TK-7.0/7.1 4pages manual. It is not in the Walker Bulldog RC tank manual.

I have gone through upgrading a 2005 Snow Leopard (TK27 radio) to a 2020 Pershing with the TK6.0S radio. It is a fun and rewarding process. I received lots of help from other forum members.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	HLpershing_TK27inside.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	394596 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5122.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	394597 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5176.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	394598

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  RonV , You can find this information at the TK-7.0/7.1 4pages manual. It is not in the Walker Bulldog RC tank manual.

I have gone through upgrading a 2005 Snow Leopard (TK27 radio) to a 2020 Pershing with the TK6.0S radio. It is a fun and rewarding process. I received lots of help from other forum members.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	HLpershing_TK27inside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	394596 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.3 KB ID:	394597 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	394598
                  Yeah, My Pershing is next.

Comment

Working...
                  X