X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair TongDe US M60 Patton RC tank headlight LED connection

I broke off the M60 head light LED connections when I did the metal upgrade. Everything else are working fine except the head lights. TongDe used extra fine gauge 26 wires for the LEDs. It would be much less prone to breakage if they use gauge 22 wires like HL do. If you have done this repair, I will appreciate any tip or suggestion on how to access the LED wires.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	headlite2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	395142 Click image for larger version

Name:	headlite1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	395143

My only tip is that the glue they use can be debonded with CA debonder. Caution, the debonder will also remove the paint, use with care!
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      My only tip is that the glue they use can be debonded with CA debonder. Caution, the debonder will also remove the paint, use with care!
      I am using a very fine grid sander to remove the CA glue layer. It takes a long time, but more controllable than the debonder. This is not the fun part of RC tank upgrade.

Comment

TD messed up the headlights any way. You can add new LEDs in the proper places and run the prongs down into the hull after insulating one of the prongs and then solder the wires to them. Look at mine here I put the lights where they are supposed to be and painted the IR driving light black and cut the wire probes off because they aren’t needed. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0924.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	395218
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

And in case anyone notices...yes, both white lights are supposed to be on the right side and the blackout lights on the left in both housings. One less part in the Army inventory. The Abrams is the same way with it's housing.

Comment

Working...
          X