X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooben T-55 Resurrection

Bought this off a friend a couple of months back. I combined the bottom chassis of a newer version with the top of an older version. The old turret had what looked like a tamiya elevation and recoil mechanism in it. I swapped those out for servos and a clark tk 50 board. I reworked the recoil using pvc pipe and styrene. It has less slop compared to stock but the barrel needs a better extension. I have enough parts to build a second one. I will improve the second one with better 3 D parts and ideas
    Click image for larger versionName:	782C1C13-7D3C-4313-B368-B8BB0225B972.jpgViews:	0Size:	65.6 KBID:	395489 Click image for larger versionName:	C8540F5E-89D0-4841-A6BF-FFA84E65C516.jpgViews:	0Size:	89.8 KBID:	395490 Click image for larger versionName:	A568971B-9C4E-4BA1-9B70-D40CD1E1221B.jpgViews:	0Size:	94.6 KBID:	395491
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

The elevation and recoil was probably the stock Hooben one. It looks very similar to a Tamiya version.

Comment

Here is the recoil and elevation unit in its final form. It is a Frankenstein mess but it works. I modified a 3 D servo holder from my Panzer III and IV builds, used a 12gram servo for the recoil and used a 35mm 3D printed servo connector as the lever. The elevation gear is the stock Hooben that I bolted to a 9 gram ems servo round control horn. The system works good in testing. The next time I do this I will machine or 3D print a better breach extension. The barrel is long and almost Click image for larger version

Name:	C98A36A0-2808-4A53-AF6E-E6A1CAB61A0C.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	395539 needs a counterbalance to take some load off the elevation servo. I could add a small weight just behind the recoil servo. I will see how this system holds up in battle before attempting a better design. The modified turret ring you see was done by the previous owner. So far it works.

Comment

Does anyone know the differences in speed between the different colored motors that spin the turret? I have 4 different colors. Which would be faster for a modern tank

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
          Does anyone know the differences in speed between the different colored motors that spin the turret? I have 4 different colors. Which would be faster for a modern tank
          Definitely NOT the green one. The newer versions (not the one in the Merkava) have white or black motor end caps.

The blue one is not a color I remember HL every using. Is it a Taigen or Tamiya motor?

Comment

I used the black instead of the green. Green was super slow I havent tried it yet

Comment

Working...
            X