X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP on an US M551 SHERIDAN - Full OptionEdition

Hi.........the tank is 80 % finish, but i can't go any further..........I don’t know much about the wiring for the LED flash, realistic recoil, and vehicle kickback. Machine gun also produces LED flashes when fired. Only a few items work............so I’m doing something wrong and I can't figure it out, I'm honestly at a standstill. I’m trying to search for someone in my area that can get the tank working " electronic parts ". I’m willing to ship the tank to a person that can get everything working and would working on it. I did go to a hobby store.........but they can’t help.........they are too busy with other items. So, the tank will just sit in the box until I think of something. I do have the Tamiya ATTACK 2.4GHZ RADIO SYSTEM and the battery and charger.
    again, I need someone that knows about R/C tanks very well.

Thank You,
    Bobbart318​

Hi Bob, Where are you located. Maybe someone on the thread lives near you. Just give a City.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbart318 View Post
      Hi.........the tank is 80 % finish, but i can't go any further..........I don’t know much about the wiring for the LED flash, realistic recoil, and vehicle kickback. Machine gun also produces LED flashes when fired. Only a few items work............so I’m doing something wrong and I can't figure it out, I'm honestly at a standstill. I’m trying to search for someone in my area that can get the tank working " electronic parts ". I’m willing to ship the tank to a person that can get everything working and would working on it. I did go to a hobby store.........but they can’t help.........they are too busy with other items. So, the tank will just sit in the box until I think of something. I do have the Tamiya ATTACK 2.4GHZ RADIO SYSTEM and the battery and charger.
      again, I need someone that knows about R/C tanks very well.

Thank You,
      Bobbart318​
      I have built a few tanks including the M551 Sheridan with the Tamiya DMD 11 control system.

First question, Is this something you bought half finished from someone else or something you bought new in the box?

Comment

That system is typically about as easy as it gets next to a ready to run tank.
        I have. Few tanks running the Sheridan system although in a different model but the whole system is Sheridan.
        what is it exactly you are having trouble with making work. It’s generally pretty plug and play.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I started building the tank, right out of the box.....brand new.
          I live in Port Charlotte, FL
          Bobbart318

Comment

Photos, Photos, Photos. They are worth a 1,000 words!

Comment

I started building the tank, right out of the box.....brand new.
              I live in Port Charlotte, FL
              Bobbart318
              Do you follow the manual instruction step by step? Show a picture of the page where you "can't go any further". Can you trace back where you jump the steps?

Comment

I think I went to fast with the manual, so at this point I don,t know where to start troubleshooting....I'm just frustrated.

Comment

I think I went to fast with the manual, so at this point I don,t know where to start troubleshooting....I'm just frustrated.
                  You need to go back to step one and trace it step by step. There is no fast track for model building.

There are a lot of Tamiya RC tank experts on this forum who can offer specific advice if you show some pictures of your problem with good description. Some of them already responded to your post.

However, if you jumped steps and applied glue where you should not have, the best solution may be to get another Tamiya kit and start over again.

Comment

Following the steps of a Tamiya build is very important especially when it comes to the electronics. The dmd 11 in the Sheridan is one of the best and most robust tank controllers available and I use them in many of my tanks. But I use the instructions from the Sheridan kit when I set up the electronics in another tank.
                    Back up to where you start plugging things in and turning on the radio and dmd and the set up and test procedure.
                    Take some notes on what works and what does not when you experience any problems.
                    Either you missed a set up step or you have a legit malfunction which is always possible even with the best electronics available
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                    X