Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heng Long Leopard 2a6 Question about part E3 handles

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Leopard 2a6 Question about part E3 handles

I am looking at part E3, and there are 12 of them (6 on each parts tree), but on the tank there are 13 spots for these handles. Is this kit sent with 1 less handle on purpose, or am I placing a handle where it does not belong?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	267.4 KB ID:	395676​​

I count

2 on the top of the turret

11 on the hull:
    - 2 on the right side.
    - 1 on the left side
    - 2 in the front of the turret on the top
    - 6 behind the turret on the top

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	98
Size:	670.1 KB
ID:	395677

Am I missing something here?
    Attached Files

Has anyone built one who can check theirs?

Comment

Follow your direction sheet and it will show you where each one goes.
      There are two handle different sizes and on how the mounting holes are spaced apart.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post
        Follow your direction sheet and it will show you where each one goes.
        There are two handle different sizes and on how the mounting holes are spaced apart.
        Second. I have done that without trouble.

Comment

The instructions sheet doesn't include the holes on the left side of the hull in front of the turret. What goes there? There are videos and pictures with the E3 part there.

Also, yes I know E11 is the other size there are 2 on the top of the turret. I did not circle them in the picture of the parts tree on purpose.

I already looked at the instructions multiple times I wouldn't have taken the time to take pictures, post and ask the question.

Comment

Originally posted by FullySemiAutomatic View Post
            The instructions sheet doesn't include the holes on the left side of the hull in front of the turret. What goes there? There are videos and pictures with the E3 part there.

Also, yes I know E11 is the other size there are 2 on the top of the turret. I did not circle them in the picture of the parts tree on purpose.

I already looked at the instructions multiple times I wouldn't have taken the time to take pictures, post and ask the question.
            That is because the E3 (handle) does not go anywhere in that location. If you want a handle for the left front hatch you need to make one out of a thin metal rod bent to fit and glued in place.

Comment

Here are the E3 (circled in red) and E11 (circled in black) on the manual pages. There are only 12 E3 handles and 2 E11 handles to be mounted.

Name:	Page 6.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	395707

Name:	Page 7.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	395708

Name:	Page 8.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	395709

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

That is because the E3 (handle) does not go anywhere in that location. If you want a handle for the left front hatch you need to make one out of a thin metal rod bent to fit and glued in place.
                So do you guys just leave the open holes in that location?

Comment

Thin metal rod bent to fit and glued in place.

Comment

I bent a paperclip, painted it and put it in. The one in the middle behind the turret is less noticable, so I ended up replacing that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X