• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH.TKSZ-16S Manual/Wiring in English

Click image for larger version

Name:	H17917fc1a70546ef99ed2e42cf7c4b49x.webp
Views:	165
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	396368 Hello and thank you for taking a look at my thread. I've had this WH.TKSZ -16S Multifunction Control Unit for the Leopard 2 for couple years. I am unable to locate and kind of gave up on an install manual other than the diagram in Chinese. It came with nothing for instructions. I bought it new and have no idea how to hook it up. Any help for a diagram would be fantastic. Thanks very much for your time.

Martin​

I bought one this week so it will show up eventually. Your just going to have to experiment with it.
    I think the hard part is going to be the lights, and how they are activated and then the jumpers for settings.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I see, I wish you the best of luck. I started attempting to make it work taking notes and last night I had it hooked up to my IX 12 with a standard spectrum receiver, I was able to make the receiver work but have no idea how to hook up anything else. I have a stabilization TK-16 system that I was told that will work with that TCU but I don't know for sure. If nothing else I was going to try an AS3X receiver and put the barrel on the elevator and the turret on the rudder. I can do a yaw hold switch (rudder), and a level function on the barrel, (pitch)I think. I have an 8 channel receiver that I plan to use already. I watched a video on YouTube and asked the guy a couple of questions and he told me he used to standard aircraft gyro so that would be my guess as to how he did it. However, I just have no clue how to hook up all the other items, and wished I had never bought it. I cannot imagine selling a new product without instructions, but maybe it's not that complex to some other folks. I was told by a guy who uses strictly Clark boards that this thing is junk. I have the earlier version because I guess there's a 2.0 version.

Martin

Comment

Seen a great post here thought I would link https://t34.vn/tips-reviews/2023/03/31/tank-vcu-comparison-2023.html?fbclid=IwAR3_vqp2Dp1BYrSZowZhTVVsfE7wKVvr3_51AI

This is an interesting thread. It's listed here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post
          I see, I wish you the best of luck. I started attempting to make it work taking notes and last night I had it hooked up to my IX 12 with a standard spectrum receiver, I was able to make the receiver work but have no idea how to hook up anything else. I have a stabilization TK-16 system that I was told that will work with that TCU but I don't know for sure. If nothing else I was going to try an AS3X receiver and put the barrel on the elevator and the turret on the rudder. I can do a yaw hold switch (rudder), and a level function on the barrel, (pitch)I think. I have an 8 channel receiver that I plan to use already. I watched a video on YouTube and asked the guy a couple of questions and he told me he used to standard aircraft gyro so that would be my guess as to how he did it. However, I just have no clue how to hook up all the other items, and wished I had never bought it. I cannot imagine selling a new product without instructions, but maybe it's not that complex to some other folks. I was told by a guy who uses strictly Clark boards that this thing is junk. I have the earlier version because I guess there's a 2.0 version.

Martin
          Personally I have seen so many Clark boards fail that I have a very low opinion of them. I have seen failures of Clark boards drive people away from the tank hobby, specifically 3 people in my club because of the poor quality control or just total crap design of his products depending on the version of tk board.
          My own tk22 has a glitch where after I turn the radio on, I have to turn the tank on and hold it safely for a minute because the tracks go full speed ahead until it fully sinks up with my radio I guess, same radio with lots of my tanks other brand boards but that one is just quirky.

I look forward to trying this new one and will see how well it works. So far basic operation seems to be straightforward just from the schematic.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I had a junk TK 40 board. It would just shut down after a minute or two of tank battling. I sent that back and Clark sent me a TK 50 SP and now I have 4 of them no issues. All are S-bus. I have even reprogrammed the sounds using the adapter. I do notice a tendency for Clark to not take a programming command unless you scroll thru the entire list of options and then land back on the original one you want. Hope that makes sense. IE, if the instructions are to use the sony controller --/- button to land on a certain function and there are 4 options. You have to hit the --/- button thru all 4 and then land back on the one you want. This always works. I have also noticed that you must carefully push in the HXT plugs gently. Pushing in hard sometimes pops a wire out the top and then you don't have contact. Many times the IR receiver wouldn't work because the plug wire popped out. Not the Board's fault.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

It's good to hear other people's opinion on Clark, seems like they're always sold out

I bought a tank used with an El-Mod unit, and I really like it. It was already set up so all I have really done is clean up the wiring and drive the tank around some. It's in a T-72 and some of it's functions are just really cool. They make the experience much more realistic. I like how the engine revs up before the tank moves, I like the proportional smoke when you rev the engine, I like the realistic delay between rounds fired on the main gun, I like the brakes versus no brakes how the tank rolls out when there's no brake applied. It appears to move and stop like a 50-ton vehicle would. I really like how it doesn't jerk around like a toy when you move it, and the board is very compact. This WH board, I think we'll never be something I'll use. I can't stand how it came with no instructions. I attached a photo of both my T-72 types. They are both pretty close to finished. The dark green one is equipped with the El Mod unit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240127_183941356_HDR.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	396554

Martin

Comment

Working...
              X