X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Shou Metal Barrel Recoil Lifting System

I just receive this Metal Barrel Recoil Lifting System intended for my HL German Leopard 2A6 upgrade.
    1 Set of Barrel Recoil Lifting System with Servo. ※This product is only suitable for toy models and is not suitable for real tanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S557682fcf3554567b2ce1143c9be33025.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	397263
    As expected, the unit does not come with any instruction or illustration. If anyone of you have tried this Can Shou unit, your comment is greatly appreciated.

I have added trigger motor recoil (CN 6) to 3 HL tanks, Pershing, Sherman and T34. This will be my first servo recoil project.

Originally posted by keilau View Post
    I just receive this Metal Barrel Recoil Lifting System intended for my HL German Leopard 2A6 upgrade.
    1 Set of Barrel Recoil Lifting System with Servo. ※This product is only suitable for toy models and is not suitable for real tanks.

Click image for larger version Name:	S557682fcf3554567b2ce1143c9be33025.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	397263
    As expected, the unit does not come with any instruction or illustration. If anyone of you have tried this Can Shou unit, your comment is greatly appreciated.

I have added trigger motor recoil (CN 6) to 3 HL tanks, Pershing, Sherman and T34. This will be my first servo recoil project.
    It's no better then the other "metal" servo recoil units made to fit HL tanks. The recoil movement is limited to under 1/2 inch. On some ranks this is fine, but others need to have more movement.

Personally I prefer gear driven servo recoil units like the ones RichJohnson and Clark sell as they tend to have a sharper reward impulse and a smoother return to battery with a bit more overall length of travel potential. Plus they are easier to fit to a wider variety of barrels.

For your first attempt installing servo recoil you should not have any real issues because all the units made for HL metal or printed are all relatively easy to I stall.

Comment

That one costs quite a bit more than mine.
      It should fit ok depending on how that included forward tube fits your tanks gun barrel.
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

@Rubicon99​ @RichJohnson​ , thank you for your comment on the Can Shou recoil system. I fully understand the requirement for such an upgrade. I want to confirm that there is no major fault with the Can Shou system before I start. I am still working on the M60 and Merkava. The weathering and painting may take a little longer before I get to the Leopard recoil project.

I am a sucker for trying something new and different, but not TOO different.

Comment

@Rubicon99​ @RichJohnson​ , thank you for your comment on the Can Shou recoil system. I fully understand the requirement for such an upgrade. I want to confirm that there is no major fault with the Can Shou system before I start. I am still working on the M60 and Merkava. The weathering and painting may take a little longer before I get to the Leopard recoil project.

I am a sucker for trying something new and different, but not TOO different.
          There is nothing wrong with the CS recoil. It works satisfactory as all the other metal recoil units do. Nothing special about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

There is nothing wrong with the CS recoil. It works satisfactory as all the other metal recoil units do. Nothing special about it.
            The Can Shou metal barrel recoil lifting system for HL 1/16 RC tank is the cheapest 2 servo unit I can find. The Toucan US Store do not stock it so I bought it from a Toucan seller on e-bay. It got to US in 2 weeks in good condition.

Comment

Late last week, I started the 2 servo upgrade of the HL Leopard 2A6 using the Can Shou metal barrel recoil lifting system. My original Leo came with the TK-6.0S radio. So the first step is to upgrade to the Can Shou TK-26 radio which supports servo barrel recoil and elevation. Everything seem to work smoothly out of the box except one minor problem. The tail lights (LED3) are not on. I spent the next 3 days trying different tricks. The tail light LED's are fine. Like all good model builder, I refuse to read the manual unless I am desperate. Only then I remember all LED's have functional on-off control. For some reason, the tail light LED's are off leaving the factory. I turn them back on.

The Leopard is a large tank, making mod easy. HL put the TK6 MFU on top the battery compartment under the turret motor. The TK-26 MFU has the ECS heatsink sticking out making the MFU effectively twice as thick as the HL TK6 causing interference. I moved the speaker to the side of the tank and relocated the TK29 to the chassis floor near the front. I will have to find a new location for the on-off switch. I plan an 1/2" round on-off water proof on the chassis floor.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5320.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	401641 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5321.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	401640

Comment

I will have to find a new location for the on-off switch. I plan an 1/2" round on-off water proof on the chassis floor.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	401641 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5321.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	401640
                There is a casting spot on the bottom chassis right next to the battery compartment where you could trim out the opening to mount the original on-off switch which makes the switch flush with the bottom.

Name:	0115231325.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	401656

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post
                  There is a casting spot on the bottom chassis right next to the battery compartment where you could trim out the opening to mount the original on-off switch which makes the switch flush with the bottom.
                  That was what I originally plan to do, but I failed to remove the switch from its old position. So I took the easy route of buying new switch. Actually, it is easier to drill the round hole than milling a rectangular slot too. It is recessed and water proof.
                  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08225LDQ6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detail s

Comment

The form factor of the lifting servo is very different from the HL gun elevation motor. There is no easy way to mount the lifting servo. It dashed my hope of an easy dropin replacement.

Anyone who has install this system?

Comment

I've only used the other version of it with the gears:

Name:	101_1096.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	401796

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                        I've only used the other version of it with the gears:

Name:	101_1096.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	401796
                        Thank you for the picture which is exactly what I need. I was very surprised that Can Shou did not provide a mounting plate for the elevation servo. It is very easy for them to mold because HL is very good in making their turret parts mounting universal. Making the mounting plate is not difficult. I will using the original elevation motor hole locations for mounting the plate. My version of the CS elevation servo comes with a linking arm instead of the gear. It should make it easier to guess the servo mounting hole locations. I saw your idea of reinforcing the recoil servo pivote poles. I will copy that too. I will post pictures when I am done.

Comment

Since I always remove the BB units and that removes one of the upper mounts, one of the mounts had to be completely rebuilt on the turret top. I used the styrene on the bottom to keep the unit from moving side to side. As you can see, the bearings weren't used. I also fabbed up the servo mounting plate using a piece of styrene. That was the easy part as the Abrams turret has that little lip to glue to.

Comment

The drawback with these units is the gear only alows a small range of motion up and down from the radio stick through the mfu. I did not like the limitations so I decided to always use a servo arm and shaft in the slider track in the side so that I can increase leverage and range of motion with the length do the arm and position location rather than be limited with the gear drive.
                            RC tank parts and accessories I make
                            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Late last week, I started the 2 servo upgrade of the HL Leopard 2A6 using the Can Shou metal barrel recoil lifting system. My original Leo came with the TK-6.0S radio. So the first step is to upgrade to the Can Shou TK-26 radio which supports servo barrel recoil and elevation. Everything seem to work smoothly out of the box except one minor problem. The tail lights (LED3) are not on. I spent the next 3 days trying different tricks. The tail light LED's are fine. Like all good model builder, I refuse to read the manual unless I am desperate. Only then I remember all LED's have functional on-off control. For some reason, the tail light LED's are off leaving the factory. I turn them back on.

The Leopard is a large tank, making mod easy. HL put the TK6 MFU on top the battery compartment under the turret motor. The TK-26 MFU has the ECS heatsink sticking out making the MFU effectively twice as thick as the HL TK6 causing interference. I moved the speaker to the side of the tank and relocated the TK29 to the chassis floor near the front. I will have to find a new location for the on-off switch. I plan an 1/2" round on-off water proof on the chassis floor.

Name:	IMG_5320.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	401641 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5321.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	401640
                              To my surprise, I have not been able to remove the barrel assembly from the original BB shooting unit. I have done this on 5 other tanks and the barrel usually just slided off. The Leopard2 barrel is somewhat different that there are 2 machine gun LED's attached. Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X