X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL 7.1 TCU Sound sets?

Is it possible to change sound sets in the HL 7.1 control unit. I am guess NO. I am getting the REAL run around right now with Motion, they sent the Tiger/T-90 version to me, and it looks like they are both the same P/N in the/their inventory. Something to do with antenna color dictates sound set installed? Leopard/Abrams v Tiger/T-90. Communication is bad....can't get answers, little hard to believe at this point.

VR

Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post
    Is it possible to change sound sets in the HL 7.1 control unit. I am guess NO. I am getting the REAL run around right now with Motion, they sent the Tiger/T-90 version to me, and it looks like they are both the same P/N in the/their inventory. Something to do with antenna color dictates sound set installed? Leopard/Abrams v Tiger/T-90. Communication is bad....can't get answers, little hard to believe at this point.

VR
    Sadly Motion RC no longer has an "expert" in RC tanks and tank parts so it is no surprise they are of little help. Honestly I don't think they even know there are two separate 7.1 sound module options.

The best bet when wanting a specific 7.1 sound module is to go through Toucan Hobbies. They understand and know the small differences to the SKU numbers for each of the 7.1s.

Comment

I get that, I very unhappy right now. I was in no rush when I ordered it, I specifically choose the Leopard sound set from the website. Do you know about this antenna color deal? Black v red? I had not heard of it.

Little smoke oil got in the other TKU, and it was done...leaked from the barrel smoke unit. Motion has some very good prices on tanks/tank parts. However, man this deal is quite upsetting, as I was out of town, and was looking forward to getting my Leopard up and running again.

VR

Comment

I agree with Rubicon. Toucan knows the difference for the soundsets they have them listed separately IIRC different SKU's.

The myth of the red or black antennae is just that, a myth. It may have been a thing back when they were first released but I can attest from personal experience that the antennae color Does Not indicate the soundset. Because I have several that are supposed to be for the Tiger and are not.

Best luck.

Comment

No, there is no way for the consumer to change the sounds on the board. The whole sound set thing is quite ridiculous to me. Frankly it's not Motion's fault for not knowing as Heng Long is the one that puts the wrong ones in their tanks and ships them that way thinking most customers won't know the difference especially when HL themselves don't have a separate part number for the boards. I'm not saying Motion shouldn't try and make it right, I'm just saying the root cause of the issue is with HL.

I understand you are the customer and just want the product you paid for. As far as I know, there is no way to tell which sound set is loaded without actually testing it.

Comment

The dilemma is if I take it out of the packaging it's no longer new and can't return it as such. From what I'm reading there's a 50% chance this is the one I need but don't know for sure.

VR

Comment

Working...
            X