X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolbank/Tongde M5A1 and Crusader mk III

For those of you who have Facebook go check out Coolbank’s page he’s posted videos of the M5A1 in production and the crusader being tested.

How does he intend to market them? Does he have a website?
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
      I’m guessing through Tongde like the other tanks he posted videos of.

Comment

North Africa here we come!
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Oh man sign me up for a Crusader. Even more than the Churchill that is the British tank I want

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
            There is a Coolbank Model Store at AliExpress which may or may not be associated with the Coolbank Huang.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfgar View Post

I’m guessing through Tongde like the other tanks he posted videos of.
              The posts on FB said they will be selling through their own sales channels which makes me think they are not going to be under the TongDE name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	132
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	401442

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

The posts on FB said they will be selling through their own sales channels which makes me think they are not going to be under the TongDE name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	132
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	401442
                Very hard to figure out the relationship between these two groups as Coolbank has posted the release of the M60,Centurion and Churchill and they’ve all been released under the Tongde brand. Maybe it will be the same this time? I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfgar View Post

Very hard to figure out the relationship between these two groups as Coolbank has posted the release of the M60,Centurion and Churchill and they’ve all been released under the Tongde brand. Maybe it will be the same this time? I have no idea.
                  One thing that we do know, Tongde is a manufacturing factory of plastic models. Coolbank Wang is a former Heng Long employee and a Tongde consultant. (Tongde is a county in eastern part of Guangdong province where many business have the "Tongde" name.)

Comment

I have been taken by aliexpress sellers too many times and not been able to get my money back to where now I only buy what I figure I can loose if the deal goes south. I recently bought a mfu tank control board the day CNY started, the seller shipped me 3 hearing aid batteries intentionally, also removed it from his store listing. I used the alexpress system and returned the incorrect goods. I appealed to paypal 5 times, once to start and 4 appeals, each time they rejected me and would not issue a refund. I am now going through my credit card to try and get my 200 bucks back. And I have been screwed by other sellers there before. I will buy small stuff and if its lost or they send me the wrong thing, Im not out much moeny but Im not buying whole tanks there, hell no, no way not ever. Aliexpress is a one way chicom screw yankee dog set up. Sure it works fine when the sale goes smoothly. One hiccup and you are screwed. They will never ever ever issue you a refund. And in the past they actually convinced my credit card I was wrong and I didnt get my money back last time. This time I mailed in a 15 page case to fight the chicom seller.
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I've always had good luck with AliExpress. Every time I've had an issue they refunded my money. I got shorted a car key FOB cover when I bought two so they refunded the second. I even had a set of the CNC cut cased gearboxes from HL that didn't arrive on time so they refunded them. A week later they showed up so then I paid the seller for them. With as much 3D printing as I do, I've ordered a ton of different hardware like spring steel to cut into track pins, gears, DC motors, and various other stuff without issue *knocks on wood*...

Comment

I would have really wanted the crusader but if it's made and sold by coolbanks and tongde isn't involved I guess I can wait

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                          I've always had good luck with AliExpress. Every time I've had an issue they refunded my money. I got shorted a car key FOB cover when I bought two so they refunded the second. I even had a set of the CNC cut cased gearboxes from HL that didn't arrive on time so they refunded them. A week later they showed up so then I paid the seller for them. With as much 3D printing as I do, I've ordered a ton of different hardware like spring steel to cut into track pins, gears, DC motors, and various other stuff without issue *knocks on wood*...
                          I have purchased many times from AliExpress sellers without any problems. I also use paypal as backup for customers service. But the shipping cost of a whole 1/16 scale RC tank is well more than $100-150, making it not practical. Some AliExpress sellers charge only $50 for whole tank shipping too, but I do not want to take a chance with sea shipment.

I need AliExpress because it has more options in metal upgrade parts for 1/16 scale RC tanks. The trick is to identify reliable sellers and stick with them. When the price is too good to be true, it usually is.

Comment

According to DKLM, the Crusader will not be under the Tongde brand. Early days yet, though. Coolbank is going to want some sort of established distribution system.

Comment

Screen captures for our non-FB'ers.

Stuart assembly line. Notice the battery type on the lower left and the controllers mid-left.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	m5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	401480

Crusader Mk III drive test:
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-15 102945.png Views:	0 Size:	380.4 KB ID:	401481

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                                I would have really wanted the crusader but if it's made and sold by coolbanks and tongde isn't involved I guess I can wait
                                "Shantou Tongde Craft Products Co., Ltd.​" was the manufacturer for the Tongde M60 series of tanks. Can you ask your contact who makes the Crusaders RTR tank for Coolbank Wang?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                  According to DKLM, the Crusader will not be under the Tongde brand. Early days yet, though. Coolbank is going to want some sort of established distribution system.
                                  "Shantou Tongde Craft Products Co., Ltd.​" was the manufacturer for the Tongde M60 series of tanks. Can you ask your contact who makes the Crusaders RTR tank for Coolbank Wang?​

Comment

Originally posted by Panzermechaniker View Post
                                    Oh man sign me up for a Crusader. Even more than the Churchill that is the British tank I want
                                    same here! Have a desert PzKwIII waiting for it !

Comment

Working...
                                    X