I'd like to hear your techniques for depicting dirt and mud spattering. I tried flipping and snapping a brush at desired areas and managed to scatter more over me and my workbench! Ideas anyone?
A modeling question
Collapse
X
-
-
and more flicking... btw this was all be fore I had an airbrush.
I found dipping the brush then flicking it onto paper towel till I got the spray pattern and volume before applying it to the tank worked best. I used a toothpick to flick. The biggest challenge was to get it to flick in the right directiion. And then I would actually flick from the ground up to the tank Not parallel or from above.
👍 1Comment
-
I like the flicking - good hint bout pre-flicking onto a paper. So, how do you make a spatter with an airbrush without xlogging the heck out of it?The more screws it takes to reassemble a tank, the more likely it is you left something out!Comment
-
So the last tank (Panzer III) was a combination of very thinned dust/dirt color mix like 90% thinner to 10%paint, very low pressure like 5 PSI with a .3 needle on the lower part of the hull behind the tracks.
But I've also seen using the same brush you'd flick and then use an airbrush to just blow air onto the loaded brush and flicking it with air onto the tank. Haven't tried that yet though.
Comment





Comment