You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Heng Guan US Military HEMTT 1/12 Scale 8x8 Heavy Tactical Truck Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Heng Guan US Military HEMTT 1/12 Scale 8x8 Heavy Tactical Truck Discussion Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	heng-guan-us-military-hemtt-green-1-12-scale-8x8-heavy-tactical-truck-rtr-motion-rc-34391001891001.jpg
Views:	1093
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	369900

Name:	heng-guan-us-military-hemtt-tan-1-12-scale-8x8-heavy-tactical-truck-rtr-motion-rc-34391164944569.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	369901

Version Info: Although this model is assembled and considered RTR, 6 x AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter and a 2S 7.4V LiPo Battery and Charger are required for operation and not included.

The impressive 8-wheel drive HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck) is an ideal addition to any RC military vehicle collection, and now available from Motion RC. First entering service in 1982, the HEMTT has remained in service since and a total of 35,800 of various types have been produced as of 2021.

Offered in a massive 1/12 scale, this 740mm (29”) long, metal-chassis model features 8-wheel drive, independent suspension, 2-speed transmission, metal drivetrain, complete light package, realistic sound system, collapsible cargo bed sides, and more. Simply add four alkaline or rechargeable AA batteries for the transmitter, a 2S, 7.4V LiPo battery and appropriate charger, and enjoy the most rugged of scale military trail adventures.
    Highly Detailed

The LED light package combines with a sound system and interior details to result in a truly realistic model.
    Capable Workhorse

Not only realistic, this capable machine can accept payloads up to 10Kg (22 lbs.) for the most realistic operation.
    Full Metal Chassis and Drivetrain

Strong, durable metal alloys are used in all critical chassis and drivetrain components for an exceptionally reliable model.
    Capable Suspension

Oil-filled dampers smooth out difficult terrain and maintain traction through the toughest of obstacles.
    Features:
    • Factory-assembled and ready to run
    • Massive 1/12 scale
    • 8-wheel drive with 4-wheel steering system
    • All-terrain rubber tires
    • Durable metal chassis and drivetrain
    • 10Kg (22 Lb.) cargo capacity
    • Includes comprehensive tool kit
    Includes:
    • Heng Guan US Military HEMTT Green 1/12 Scale 8x8 Heavy Tactical Truck – RTR
    • Transmitter
    • Tool kit
    Specifications:
    • Vehicle Length: 740 (28.8")
    • Vehicle Width: 220mm (8.5")
    • Vehicle Height: 240mm (9.4")
    Requires:

This is a win for MotionRC! This is a fantastic truck. I’m so happy to see motion selling this rig. I’ve had mine for awhile now and I didn’t get it from motion obviously but it’s the same truck. This one is better because it comes with lights and sound already in it! Great price on this truck with those options. I’ve pushed mine to its limits and then modified it and pushed it some more. Bone stock I have hauled payloads greater than 60 pounds and with it modified I have hauled loads up steep grades weighing over 100 pounds!!! It’s not just a military truck, think military surplus. I use it for hauling my heavy machinery (rc construction) equipment around. Works great. It’s the hardest working heavy hauler in my fleet. Great suspension articulation and good off-road capability. Diffs don’t lock but it’s still capable. The only problem I’ve had is under high torque conditions the drive shaft pins work out past the retainer Springs and the shaft comes apart. Easy fix! I have not had any issues since I rapped the spring with electrical tape. If your not hauling loads beyond it’s rated limits this will never be an issue for you. It’s not very fast but it’s not supposed to be. I love the 2 speed transmission. It works great. This thing is heavy too! That’s what makes it great for hauling heavy loads. Traction is phenomenal. Check it out in action on you tube at dig it R/C (@digitrc). My earlier videos show it bone stock and I have mod videos and after mod videos hauling the heavy stuff!! This isn’t to plug my channel this is to give you real world operation of this fantastic truck in action. If mine ever wears out I will definitely get another one! And I’ll buy it from motion rc.
    https://youtu.be/8EtqtnPXQc0

Comment

Hi,
      I have a question about the Heng Guan Hgn P801V2. The description of the truck on the Motion RC website says that there is available on truck itself crane and trailer attachments. Do they mean by trailer the P 806 ? Or they mean just the hitch on the back ? Thank you.

Comment

The P801V2 and P802PRO come with the hardware accessories required to attach the P803 crane and P806 trailer. The crane and trailer themselves are sold separately.

Comment

I need help, Please don't think I am stupid, just New to RC Vehicles of this caliber
          I have purchased this truck, trailer, and crane, when I put in the battery before charging it worked just fine, after charging the battery, it ticks loudly
          the lights flicker as you plug in the battery, then Nothing, I don't know what is wrong please help !!!!
          also, I bought the crane for it as well and where do you plug it in I can't figure it out and just think this model is for beginners ( I'm so frustrated )
          US Military HEMTT Tan 1/12 Scale 8x8 Heavy Tactical Truck - RTR from Heng Guan - HGN-P802PRO Version Info: Although this model is assembled and considered RTR, 4 x AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter and a 2S 7.4V LiPo Battery and Charger are required for operation and not included. This model includes accessorie

Comment

I just got mine. Seems like a good truck and everything but the instructions are horrible! I'm also having issues getting everything sorted. Motion needs to provide channel assignment to the RX and what every switch on the transmitter does. Looking at the information spread out over several manuals is not fun. The manual for the trailer shows ramp function switch location and the crane manual also shows the same switch. I do plan to change to a different RX later on but it's frustrating not to be able to get the stock system set up.

I've got the crane working with the RX/TX supplied with the crane. So I have not burned anything up. Without further instructions on the TX supplied with the Truck it's going to be hard to get it working correctly.

Comment

I think I have found out why the crane and other things work for some people and don't for others. There must be different programing in the transmitter, one for tanks and one for this truck -crane-trailer combo. Looking at a older utube video i could read the manual the owner had. It has different switch assignments AND channel functions are listed in different places. I have the wrong transmitter!

Comment

Name:	tx1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	383260Click image for larger version  Name:	tx2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	383261

Comment

Working...
                X