X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official RotorScale AH-6 Attack 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the RotorScale AH-6 Attack 450 Size Helicopter. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this scale 450 helicopter.

Product Page: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...helicopter-pnp

Introducing RotorScale’s new lineup for sport scale PNP helicopters! At Motion RC, we believe there is more to RC helicopters than 3D acrobatic flying, so we’re excited to bring together scale realism and modern stabilization software in an economical, user-friendly package.

With the quality of Roban fiberglass fuselages the RotorScale 450 PNP Helicopter Series seeks to bring scale helicopter flying within the reach of pilots with basic collective pitch flight experience who are looking to move upward toward larger scale 500-800 size helicopters.

Using a 6S 1100-1500mAh battery, fly for 5-6 minutes while exploring the flight envelope of this sport scale stabilized helicopter. The durable fiberglass bodies are finished in automotive paint and clearcoat for durability, and feature sharp panel lines, rivets, and other surface details.

Digital servos provide precise and responsive action, and breakaway landing gear plates help divert damage during hard landings away from major frame components. If ever required, the internal frame can be completely removed from the body in a few minutes with eight screws. Fully backed by Motion RC’s world renowned service, a complete line of spare parts is available to keep you flying.

INCLUDES:
    • RotorScale AH-6 Attack 450 Size Helicopter - PNP
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    Class / Size 450
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Fiberglass
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 750 x 180 x 250mm
    Empty Weight (w/o Battery) 1030g
    Main Rotor Diameter 740mm
    Main Rotor Blade Length 325mm
    Tail Rotor Diameter 162mm
    Tail Rotor Blade Length 61mm
    Tail Drive Type Belt
    Cyclic Servos eMax ES09MD metal gear
    Tail Servo eMax ES9258 metal gear
    Power System 450L-1800kV Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 50A Brushless with XT60 connector
    Recommended Battery 6S 22.2V 1100 - 1500 mAh LiPo with XT60 Connector
    Required Radio 6 Channel
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera_09442c33-8bf9-4c64-b061-e3b2fc642bc2_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.9 KB ID:	156468
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

This is the one I would like...I would paint it flat black like the Little Bird...
    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Like this? ;) We've got the 3DPUPs to do just that, and a couple other surprises. Stay tuned, everyone!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180922_153947.jpg
Views:	5091
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	156556Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180922_153932.jpg
Views:	5148
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	156557
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Back in the day I took a Toy's R Us, 21st Century AH-6 plastic body and put it on a Hawk 30 with lights. It was a nice bird. To see this in 450 is awesome!
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Oh yeah Todd, this is gettin' REAL good now! 450 sized scale helis RTF out of the box?! :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Like this? ;) We've got the 3DPUPs to do just that, and a couple other surprises. Stay tuned, everyone!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180922_153947.jpg
Views:	5091
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	156556Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180922_153932.jpg
Views:	5148
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	156557
            Now we're cookin' with butter!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Will there be 3DPUP options featuring TC? :)

Comment

Awesome.... Just too cool!!!

Comment

Sure hope they do one up in the Little Bird, that would be a purchase for me. One thing about the Hughes 500, you can do l alot of different ones and they all look great. Here is my Hughes 500MD in flight back before I sold all my scale helis and went to EDF Jets.

Comment

Also had these as well. The one in the video and all these in the pics are all 600 size.

Comment

Nice!! You guys will love it! My 500 size Little Bird is my favorite aircraft in the fleet to fly. I’m sure this bird will be no different!

Comment

I for sure don't know why but all Egg's fly best!!! No joke, Have 2 right now and had many others over the years. Best!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          This is the one I would like...I would paint it flat black like the Little Bird...
                          You know the little birds look black but they are Green unless units paint them that is. Same color for all US Army Helicopters, tis how the Black hawk got its name. Back in my day the blades were green but looked black.

Comment

Pretty sure the Black Hawk got its name from the Native American war chief of the same name.
                            All US Army aircraft (except the Cobra) have names that originate with Native American tribes.

Spent a bit of time around some of the TF 160 SOAR guys and their aircraft (Little Birds and Black Hawks) ~
                            They were using black (or a VERY dark green) as the primary color for most of their aircraft, since it blends in so well with their primary focus of night-time missions. Their aircraft were typically much darker than our regular line aircraft.

Comment

you are right the US helicopters are all American Native names. LOL I see that the new color on the CH47F is a sand color now.( Looks very good) I always said the green blades looked black to me always. when they started changing the color green while I was in, looked black. It is a very dark Green Looks blacker than black. I do know some ah-520 's were painted with a Black over the dark green.

Comment

Per the Official RotorScale UH-1A Medic Green 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread, It appears MRC has been at the mercy of manufacturing issues and this may or may not happen. No fault of MRC, Per another thread, someone spoke to MRC recently and was told that they have been shelved for the forseeable future due to some issues with the manufacturer. It's certain a bummer but that's life. We can only hope this eventually surfaces. Despite some of the negative comments in the aforementioned thread, MRC is by far one of the best in the business and they back up their products. Though the marketing may have been a bit premature, I still would much rather they didn't release anything until all was kosher. Thanks for all you do to make this hobby most enjoyable MRC.

Comment

OK, so I just had a chat with someone from MRC support online about this. He said the reason for the holdup on these is they would not all perform the same so they have been held back until the new parts arrive for the factory to do an upgrade. They just want the customer to get a good product. He says they will eventually become available but no ETA at this time. To buy something else now or not to buy....that is the question. lol

Comment

Any word on when this little guy will be available? I was going for the Huey but got impatient and got a Roban UH-1N 600 kit. This was my 2nd choice so it's now on the list!

Comment

Could be a couple months yet unfortunately.

Comment

Okay folks, the official RotorScale 450 Instruction Manual is now available on the support page of this model or click here for a direct link. Keep in mind this is a working document so check back regularly for any updated information that may be added. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                        X