Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Great thread you have here. I just picked up the 600 size Swiss version of the EC-145 from Motion. I do have a couple questions, hopefully you will see them since this is an older thread.

First, There were two bolts holding the fuselage sections together when it arrived. I assume they are just for shipping purposes and not needed for flight?

Next, the rear hold down for the mechanics. The mounting block in my kit slides under the wooden blocks but is not snug at all, it just floats there basically. How is that held securely in place so the rear of the mechanics can't move?

The last question I can think of for now has to do with the tail rotor drive gears that come in the kit. Are they required to be used for strength? I am using a Trex 550 Dominator which has the red gears. I have read they are a stronger version of the gears, so do I need to use what comes in the kit?

Thanks, Leon

Comment

I’ll try to help,rc....I have that version as well for a future build.cate
      #1- Magnets should hold the front section fine for flight.
      #2- The rear mounting tabs are designed to slide as you described. The front 2 and the vertical tail tube foam isolator will hold the mechanics securely.
      #3- Yes, those metal gears are included in kits that have elevated tails and especially for builders that will use 4 or 5 blade rotorheads. Personally, I always use them and make certain they are shimmed properly.

Comment

Working...
      X