X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban B429 Heli Alps 700 Size Scale Helicopter - ARF

I picked one of these up last week, very nice looking helicopter. I set it up on an Ikon2 FBL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4649.JPG Views:	146 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	239232

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_51584.jpg Views:	87 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	239234

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4661.JPG Views:	89 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	239235

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4651.JPG Views:	86 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	239236

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4672.JPG Views:	92 Size:	206.1 KB ID:	239237

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4648.JPG Views:	89 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	239238

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4650.JPG Views:	92 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	239239

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4660.JPG Views:	91 Size:	146.6 KB ID:	239240

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4668.JPG Views:	92 Size:	203.1 KB ID:	239241

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4669.JPG Views:	91 Size:	168.0 KB ID:	239242
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Wow, looks great, you seem to have grown your collection in a short time................

Comment

Beautiful machine! This one is definitely on my list on some point.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
        Wow, looks great, you seem to have grown your collection in a short time................
        I sold around 40 planes that I didn't fly anymore and turned them into helis.
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Same here, I sold 13 EDF jets because I Iost my runway across the street from my house, I can fly helis because I don't need a runway, I can just take off from my front yard and fly. That is one thing nice about helis, I only fly scale though, that 3D flying does nothing for me. I'm haven't spent all my money yet so I have been looking at another project to build, been looking at your Dakota build, looks nice, or another Hughes 500, the Roban 800 size Magnum PI is back in stock, so many choices and haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
            Same here, I sold 13 EDF jets because I Iost my runway across the street from my house, I can fly helis because I don't need a runway, I can just take off from my front yard and fly. That is one thing nice about helis, I only fly scale though, that 3D flying does nothing for me. I'm haven't spent all my money yet so I have been looking at another project to build, been looking at your Dakota build, looks nice, or another Hughes 500, the Roban 800 size Magnum PI is back in stock, so many choices and haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.
            The Lakota is nice and flies great, it also has a lot of room to customize.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

All setup and ready to fly...absolutely gorgeous helicopter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4695.JPG
Views:	813
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	240384

Name:	IMG_4693.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	240385

Name:	IMG_4694.JPG
Views:	718
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	240386

Name:	IMG_4692.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	240387

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome, hope it all goes well for you.....

Comment

It makes my other 700 size helis small
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

George, that is a great looking 429!! I love the color scheme also.
                    Roy Mayoral

Comment

So how did this one fly George?, it looks great.

I got my maiden flight in on my 800 size AH-6 today, love these big helis after that flight, ordered another 800 Hughes 500D. Still looking at the Lakota, maybe next time.

Comment

Hi George, your new 429 is a good looking heli, and they fly pretty well...this is the 429 I was fortunate to be awarded at a heli fly-in...I did replace the main gear and motor pinion with a "quiet-er slant-cut set-up" I got from England...I also built a flying test platform for it, to test all the mechanics and settings....good luck and have fun with your 429..!

Comment

Originally posted by fastphil View Post
                          Hi George, your new 429 is a good looking heli, and they fly pretty well...this is the 429 I was fortunate to be awarded at a heli fly-in...I did replace the main gear and motor pinion with a "quiet-er slant-cut set-up" I got from England...I also built a flying test platform for it, to test all the mechanics and settings....good luck and have fun with your 429..!
                          Thanks Phil, gorgeous birds!
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Great looking 429! That tail number, N429NA, is actually based at the Bell Training Academy where I work. It is one sharp looking machine!

Comment

Hi Delta Dart, that sounds like a great place to work..! ...here's my 429 at ScaleHeliPalooza in Lacey, WA last summer

Comment

Hey George, if you ever repaint your 429, there is a military version....

Comment

Hi Delta Dart, that sounds like a great place to work..! ...here's my 429 at ScaleHeliPalooza in Lacey, WA last summer
                                  Sweet! Looks just like the real deal! Working in flight test has been awesome so far at Bell. Here are a few of the things I’ve had the pleasure of seeing fly-by out the window.

Comment

Hey Delta Dart, looks like you have a great window seat..! is that a V-22 replacement?

Comment

Hey Delta Dart, looks like you have a great window seat..! is that a V-22 replacement?
                                      It’s designed to be a Blackhawk replacement, the V-280 Valor.

Comment

Hey George, if you ever repaint your 429, there is a military version....
                                        I'm with you

Name:	Bell_429_GlobalRanger_N49_048_PC_2_3_14_1.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	244317
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                        X