Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban 500 size apache beginner

Hello,

I came across the 500 size apache and thought it was interesting. As a beginner I wanted to price out an entire set up as something to maybe do with my kids.

Reading what's required on the Motion RC site it says 500 Size helicopter mechanics and brushless motor, but doesn't link to it like their other parts.

Is there a source for this? Or a beginners guide to maybe read?

Thanks

mopar44o, there are more heli people out there can help you better than i am. however i will try to get you going. pm me and ill give you my phone number for better communication.

Comment

Hello,
      I did the same thing when I built the 500 size AH1 cobra. I purchased a complete Trex 500 ESP kit at the time... it came with everything to build the Trex 500.... servos, motor etc. This Apache 'kit' is just the fuselage, tail boom parts, wheels, weapons.

Comment

Welcome to the forum mopar44! The 500 Apache is not exactly a beginners kit. If you haven't had prior heli experience, I'd recommend picking up a Blade 230S V2. As for pricing things out, it all depends how far you want to go. As with most scale bodies, you can make it as detailed (or as basic) as you would like. Here is a detailed thread on what I did in building mine: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...a-apache-build.

The primary thing you will need to get started is a belt drive Trex 500. These are discontinued, so the most reliable may to get a hold of one is to place a wanted add on RCgroups: https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-el...helis-fs-w-44/. I've flown all of my 500s with the stock Align DS510 cyclic servos and they work great for scale. For the tail, I use a BK 7005HV. For ESCs, I recommend the Castle Talon 90A, as any thicker ESC doesn't fit in the fuselage. As for motor choice, I would look for something in the 1000-1100kv range for a 2 blade, and closer to 900KV for a 4 blade head. Hope this helps, and feel free to either ask or PM me if you need any more help figuring out a parts list.

Comment

Working...
        X