Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama told me there were people like you out there but I didn’t listen.

Comment

Comment

Final scale items are done on B407 AeroMed with the exception of painting the tiny features of my overhead console & LifePak 15. Uggggh. Also waiting on a couple EMS bags from Fine Scale Modela. I’ve long since learned if you stare at a project long enough you will always find something else that could use more detail, so that’s the point when I usually plan my next project. Project is Roban’s B412 Canadian Rescue 800 (CH-146 Griffon, more correctly). Will be raining all week but hopefully will get AeroMed tested next week.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
          Final scale items are done on B407 AeroMed with the exception of painting the tiny features of my overhead console & LifePak 15. Uggggh. Also waiting on a couple EMS bags from Fine Scale Modela. I’ve long since learned if you stare at a project long enough you will always find something else that could use more detail, so that’s the point when I usually plan my next project. Project is Roban’s B412 Canadian Rescue 800 (CH-146 Griffon, more correctly). Will be raining all week but hopefully will get AeroMed tested next week.
          I was also looking at the Canadian 412 before I found the OH-6 I have coming, if you do get it, post some pics of it, I would like to see some better pics other than the MRC web pg.

Comment

Yeah, web page pics were basic. It’s very impressive...and big. I mean wide big. Only squawk I might have, and it’s insignificant to me, is the yellow color rendering is a tad too light compared to the full scale #419. The red part is fine. Also, Roban does not provide an external searchlight scale part for this version but all rescue CH-146’s have them. I’ll post more pics as it comes together.

Comment

For color comparison....

Comment

Been awhile since I worked on AeroMed so thought I’d tidy up a few loose ends & get to the testing phase. This is my first IKON 2 heli so need to sort out a potential issue with the tail servo/programming. On the bench, a very slight torque input on the Tx results in full blade deflection so just need to massage something. Also think I’ll switch back to the 156mm tail blades for test flights as the new 140mm’s @ 1300rpm head speed might be underpowered. Just cautious about the 140’s profile more than anything.

Comment

How has the build been going? Have you had a chance to get it up in the air yet? Would love to see more photos of the CH-146 as well.

Comment

B407 had a couple “quickies” on the test bed & did fine. It’s all back together now & about as far as I’m willing to go on the scale details so calling it done. The B412/CH-146 will be my detail queen so got a ways to go before it’s close. I decided to spend some serious time practicing with my 600 pod and boom, then make the leap. I’ll try to get some pics up soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X