You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RotorScale B222 Shadow Black 450 Size Helicopter - Retractable landing gear - Not Working

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RotorScale B222 Shadow Black 450 Size Helicopter - Retractable landing gear - Not Working

Not sure if retractable landing gear is connected properly to rule out servo failure.

Equipment: Futaba 6J-2.4GHz 6-Channel; Receiver R2006GS 6-Channel; Microbeast Plus v5.1.

With all connections made only 2 channels remain open / unused: the BAT on receiver and SYS channel on the Microbeast.

Futaba manual covers retractable landing gear in aircraft mode (channel 5) but not discussed in helicopter mode.

When plug into channel 5 the retractable landing gear is non-responsive in both aircraft and helicopter mode. Channel 5 in heli mode controls Gyro sensitivity which might be needed.

BAT nor SYS controls retractable gear when used.

Even made changes within transmitter that control channel 5 - still no response from landing gear servo.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

One thing I can recommend would be using your radio's Gear travel endpoint adjustment to lock those gears in place. If our 450 A-109s and BE 222 is your choice,an 8 channel receiver is a must to be able to accomodate your LED lightigs and Retract system.

Comment

I spent nearly a full day fiddling with the retracts mechanisms on my Rotorscale B222. Was successful in the end, but they are, indeed, quite fiddly to say the least.
      These Rotorscales are great, but are NOT ready-to-fly - (no heli is). Like all helis, the owner should do a complete tear down and rebuild to ensure all metal-on-metal fasteners are threadlocked and all mechanisms free-moving. This is just my opinion though.

Comment

I agree and that's what I do to get them all setup and programmed accordingly. Good idea.

Comment

Check this photos out
          Attached Files

Comment

Replaced those shafts with 3mm carbon rod steel to preven binding and lockouts.

Comment

Working...
            X