Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work, it’s really coming back together quick!

Comment

Thanks. I started some communication with Badiamcreations for my water slide decals. Once I get the fuse back I can scale out what I need them to scale up to and get a quote. I know it won’t be cheap, but it will be worth it.

Gravy

Comment

Wow... that's some pretty good bodyshop work!!

Comment

Holly cow. So I got the fuse back today for they guy doing the repair. After I use acetone to strip my old paint job and decals, the fuse will look factory. I’m so impressed with the work he did.
          I finally broke down and bought a scroll saw. It will be here tomorrow. That will be used to cut out all née wood kit for the inside, out of hobby birch.
          I can’t wait to get this bird back in the air, she will be better than new.
          no pictures, but will post some after I get her striped and ready for paint.

gravy

Comment

It’s ready for prime coat this week. I need to tape a couple things off first. I’ll take it to work and shoot it. We have a huge boiler plant that is always 70-80 dogs during the winter.
            I’m still waiting to hear back from Badiam creations on the decals I want them to make for me. I’m still hoping to have this done and back in the air by the end of the month.

Gravy
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks very nice. I remember how much fun you had stuffing the mechanics inside the first time....can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Comment

I’m making some changes to how and where I mount the ESC and the BEC. This will allow me to twist the mechanics a little more while inserting it. Also I had already chipped away at the chunk of wood that was causing issues the first time. So I’m hoping it goes much smoother this time.

Gravy

Comment

Primer paint is done. Now for a week of drying and gassing off. It will get a light wet sanding before final paint is applied.

Gravy
                  Attached Files

Comment

f
                    Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                    Primer paint is done. Now for a week of drying and gassing off. It will get a light wet sanding before final paint is applied.

Gravy
                    Looking good, never heard of gassing off.

Comment

Some paint will gas off for weeks. That can cause issues when over laying other paints and or seals.

Gravy

Comment

Some paint will gas off for weeks. That can cause issues when over laying other paints and or seals.

Gravy
                        Oh okay, told you I don't paint anything, so I learned something new about painting....

Comment

Yeah it something I learn last couple years myself. The guy at work that painted my FedEx and Corsair has taught me more than I never knew I didn’t know. 😁

Gravy

Comment

Some 100% primed and ready to be painted next weekend glam shots.
                            working with decal guy, and hoping to have them in March.

Gravy
                            Attached Files

Comment

Started the painting process. Got to lay down the dirty first.
                              Gravy
                              Attached Files

Comment

Made some progress tonight. Now I need to let it dry until Monday when she’ll get the top part painted. Darn two tone paint jobs. Lol

Gravy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Little skid modification. Added some strips of 800 grit wet sand sandpaper.

Gravy
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Ok she now just waiting for the decals. After that I can give her a seal coat, put the windows in and reinstall the mechanics.
                                      oh I still need to reinstall the rest of the weapons.

I did fly the mechanics this weekend and they were solid, flew great with no strange issues.

Gravy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Decals ordered. Maybe by the end of this month she’ll be flight ready again.
                                        I’ll post pics when decals are applied.

Gravy

Comment

Ok she now just waiting for the decals. After that I can give her a seal coat, put the windows in and reinstall the mechanics.
                                          oh I still need to reinstall the rest of the weapons.

I did fly the mechanics this weekend and they were solid, flew great with no strange issues.

Gravy
                                          Looks awesome Gravy, can't wait to see it fly again, also can't wait to get your 700 Apache in my shop..................

Comment

Working...
                                          X