Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will fly better with the 4 blade head too. I know mine does.

Gravy

Comment

Prob so. Right now it has asymmetrical blades on the 2 blade head as supplied by Roban so gets plenty of lift but I’m partial to the 4 blade setup also. Can’t wait to see what DC decides!

Comment

BTW, in case you missed the post, I ordered and received a 4 blade tail rotor assembly from Roban for $160 delivered. It’s for a 5mm shaft so fits 600 and 700 size helis. Scaleflying.de is out of stock but the one they list only includes the hub and slider for the same money. This one is ready to mount on the torque tube.

Comment

You guys talking about me again......

I do plan on trying the 4 blade head and right now I don't think I will paint it or should I say, let Gravy paint it, I like the camo and that was my original plan last year was to buy the camo version first, and then Gravy had to have a gray one, oh but it does look awesome in gray.................

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
            I think it will fly better with the 4 blade head too. I know mine does.

Gravy
            I agree with you on that, it looks like its unstable most of the time from the videos I have watched of the 700 Cobra, I think the 4 blade will give it a solid flight and not look so nervous in the air like a shaky pilot holding the transmitter..

Only thing is, the two blades give you a better blade pop sound when you pull colllective.

Comment

I saw a vid of sfcfury flying his and it’s most impressive. Didn’t seem glitchy at all. Do like that blade pop.

Comment

Mechanics have been flown good and the fuse is painted, decaled and clear coated. Next to install the mechs and fly her.

Gravy
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking UH-60. Hurry up with the flight report!

Comment

I’m trying, I’ve been sick the last 10 days. Working has been small pushes of effort driven by being sick drives me to insanity.

But then after I exert the little bit of stored energy, reality of being sick comes crashing back.

That and my fingers are still screwed up. Going on over a mount now.

Gravy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Still have some minor stuff to do, but she’ll fly.

Gravy

Comment

Looks mitey nice, Gravy. What’s next?

Comment

Thanks
                          MD500e G-jive 600 scale.

Gravy

Comment

She’s done and ready for a sorty.

Gravy
                            Attached Files

Comment

What size tail rotor blades do you recommend for a 500 size UH60?

Comment

I’m using the cheap Chinese 4 blade tail rotor, I believe the use 69mm blades.

Gravy

Comment

I have 73mm and 76mm blades. Which do you feel would work the best

Comment

76 if you can fit them into the blade grips. That's if you're using the same 4 blade tail rotor I am. The blade grips on mine wont fit the 76 I have without a lot of sanding. and if you don't sand them down correctly they will not track.

Gravy

Comment

Flight report. She got her first full flight today, even added a few tail overs. She flew fantastic and stealthy, as in quite. Totally different after flying my rebuilt blade 550x. Today was its maiden also. So now I have 3 flight ready scale 450’s, 3 flight ready scale 500’s and 1 550 flight ready.
                                      need to finish the 600 G-jive and fix the gear on my 600 Airwolf. I will then be done with building helicopters….I swear.

Gravy

Comment

Unless there becomes a 500 CH-47 Chinook. I would have to build one of those.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                          Flight report. She got her first full flight today, even added a few tail overs. She flew fantastic and stealthy, as in quite. Totally different after flying my rebuilt blade 550x. Today was its maiden also. So now I have 3 flight ready scale 450’s, 3 flight ready scale 500’s and 1 550 flight ready.
                                          need to finish the 600 G-jive and fix the gear on my 600 Airwolf. I will then be done with building helicopters….I swear.

Gravy
                                          Glad to hear it’s flying well! I’m amazed to see how quickly you can finish projects and get them flying. I’m a slow builder, with a bench loaded down with probably 2+ years of Heli projects right now. In the current project cue, I’ve got a 450 tandem HUP Retriever, 500 size UH-34, 500 size AH-6J, 500 size Sikorsky H-5, 600 size Sea King, 750 size Bell 430, 550 size Schweizer 300, 550 size UH-1Y, 700 size Cobra, and a 500 size AH-1Z all in line to get built and detailed up. I may have a problem.. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X