You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roban UH-1N Iroquois 600 Size Helicopter - ARF BUNDLE Spacers and bearing blocks are different widths???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at the various Trex manuals and I have the TrexPro knockoff version which requires 54mm width spacers, 54mm main gear spacers and also the 54mm pinion gear mounts. I only have two spacers for the pinion gear mounts so I'm either going to need two more spacers or the actual 54mm pinion gear mounts. The TrexPro manual doesn't have a part breakout unlike the Trex 600 manual.
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe a pic of the frames included with your Roban kit would help. I can’t rationalize why 9 frame standoff spacers are required. I have both the PhoenixTech and Chaos 600s which both only require 1. My UH-1, which included a drop frame in the kit, included 1 extra stand-off spacer.

Comment

Oops. I have the UH-60…..not the UH-1.

Comment

PhoenixTech and Chaos 600s don’t use a pinion support bearing. Your PT600 is a clone of the Align Trex 600 ESP, except it has a wider frame spacing to accommodate wider (49mm+) motors. The motor shaft does not protrude through the pinion gear so a support bearing is not required.

Comment

I built the 600 Roban Bell 212 not long ago and found out the same issues, so I went with the Trex 600ESP, it had carbon frames which I didn't need, but needed the elevator upgrade arm to move things out of the way, I didn't need any spacers or anything to get mine to work, it was a drop in fit, but I was limited on motor choices for width problems, so I see now what the issues are, if you have the Chaos, Pheonixtech or Flasher mechanics that are 54mm wide, then you need spacers or order wider frame spacers to get it all to work properly with the included Roban frames, I didn't realize it until now after reading others asking about the spacers that the long spacers were needed as well, to bad Align don't make the original carbon ESP 600 anymore, I think they would sell great for us scale guys.

Comment

My new project is a Era 212 600 Roban fuz with the Flasher mechanics and special Flasher addon kit for fuselage use,this is my 9th scale build helicopter and I was really surprised over the nice quality of the fuselage and paint job . But the greatest bummer was the poor quality of the side frames and the much to heavy tail parts with the steal gears.
              All the holes in the frames where much to small and need a lot of work to fit with the tail gear box and de main shaft bearing blocks , also the building manual what’s very poor how to make the mechanics , thanks to this forum I could find the right info about the mechanism and a lot pictures.
              The thing I didn’t find here was info over the tail gears in the kit ? No on use them ?
              But I wil try to make the tail a lot lighter , placing the tail servo in the frame more to the main shaft , making the tail tube lighter with a lot of holes made in it .
              Also I noticed that the short axe of the tail gear was a little bend ,I wil make it strait and place a center bearing .
              I am also curious of using 700 mm main blades on this , must fit on this size fuselage and looks better ( I think) someone using them .
              I have also got the 212 scale cockpit who needs a modification to make it looks a little real for a civil 212 heli .
              for the interior I looking for the right paint color , some army gray color Sems to be the right choice.
              Also I wil make al outside lights an ad some extra scale details
              I hope I can find a nice place for my battery (6s5000) and hope it wil not be to heavy to fly a little decent for approx 5 min, also not find anything about it in building manual ore this site.
              I wil place here some pics with the modifications and keep you informed.

Regards, Arno .
              The Netherlands (. Sorry for bad spelling)

on the foto’s you see my Graupner Bell 212 heli I try to fly 40 years ago on the frozen IJsselmeer in Holland.
              and the Roban gears for tail which are heavy metal made .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Helikapoter; Jan 10, 2022, 04:10 PM. Reason: Some pictures of my Graupner Bell 212 taken 40 years ago on the frozen IJsselmeer in Holland

Comment

`
                Originally posted by Helikapoter View Post
                My new project is a Era 212 600 Roban fuz with the Flasher mechanics and special Flasher addon kit for fuselage use,this is my 9th scale build helicopter and I was really surprised over the nice quality of the fuselage and paint job . But the greatest bummer was the poor quality of the side frames and the much to heavy tail parts with the steal gears.
                All the holes in the frames where much to small and need a lot of work to fit with the tail gear box and de main shaft bearing blocks , also the building manual what’s very poor how to make the mechanics , thanks to this forum I could find the right info about the mechanism and a lot pictures.
                The thing I didn’t find here was info over the tail gears in the kit ? No on use them ?
                But I wil try to make the tail a lot lighter , placing the tail servo in the frame more to the main shaft , making the tail tube lighter with a lot of holes made in it .
                Also I noticed that the short axe of the tail gear was a little bend ,I wil make it strait and place a center bearing .
                I am also curious of using 700 mm main blades on this , must fit on this size fuselage and looks better ( I think) someone using them .
                I have also got the 212 scale cockpit who needs a modification to make it looks a little real for a civil 212 heli .
                for the interior I looking for the right paint color , some army gray color Sems to be the right choice.
                Also I wil make al outside lights an ad some extra scale details
                I hope I can find a nice place for my battery (6s5000) and hope it wil not be to heavy to fly a little decent for approx 5 min, also not find anything about it in building manual ore this site.
                I wil place here some pics with the modifications and keep you informed.

Regards, Arno .
                The Netherlands (. Sorry for bad spelling)

on the foto’s you see my Graupner Bell 212 heli I try to fly 40 years ago on the frozen IJsselmeer in Holland.
                and the Roban gears for tail which are heavy metal made .
                I built the Roban 600 green/white Bell 212 civilian version and used everything that came in the kit, I had trouble with the holes in the frames being to small as well, I also used an old Align Trex 600E and everything fit really good, didn't have to use any spacers or anything but you better use those gears, these kits are know to strip gears so the gears included do hold up well, I had to place my battery in the cockpit area to get CG correct, I didn't install a cockpit. My build is here in the scale section under DCORSAIR if you want to see pics of my Bell 212.

Comment

I just got a new Roban Kit and mine didn't come with the bearing block spacers or the frame spacers for the shorter frame spacers. Using the phoenixtech 600 and without those spacers its utterly useless. Does anyone know where to source them? Roban UH-60 v3
                  Last edited by Matthew Schillawski; Dec 30, 2023, 03:50 PM. Reason: Added model

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Schillawski View Post
                    I just got a new Roban Kit and mine didn't come with the bearing block spacers or the frame spacers for the shorter frame spacers. Using the phoenixtech 600 and without those spacers its utterly useless. Does anyone know where to source them? Roban UH-60 v3
                    Get a hold of Ed at MRC and see what he says about that problem, I thought they had fixed that issue by now, it is so stupid that they sell these kits and know that there is an issue when you try and put one of these together, we have all been there and done that already, they sure don't mind taking our thousands of dollars that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X