X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenixtech 600ESP 600 Size Flybarless Helicopter - KIT

Anybody grab one of these kits yet? Would love to see it in a 600 sized Roban body.

600 Size Flybarless Torque Tube Helicopter Kit from Phoenixtech - No Canopy 600ESP Note: Canopy shown in the product photo is NOT included The Phoenixtech 600ESP helicopter KIT is a popular helicopter that requires pilots to provide their preferred electronics. Assembling in one or two evenings, the Phoenixtech 600ESP

I bought one last year before they went out of stock…very nice ESP clone. I did add the 3rd main shaft bearing block. Flew it as pod and boom (Align canopy from Ebay) before I set it up for a Roban 600 EC-145 conversion, which has moved down on my priority list a little. The only negative I found with the PhoenixTech 600 clone, and it’s really more of a warning than complaint, is that the main shaft stop collar is made from sintered metal (MIM) and will break if one or both of the set screws is tightened too much. Will post pics when I complete the EC-145.

Comment

Nice PawPaw. Look forward to the pics

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Anybody grab one of these kits yet? Would love to see it in a 600 sized Roban body.

600 Size Flybarless Torque Tube Helicopter Kit from Phoenixtech - No Canopy 600ESP Note: Canopy shown in the product photo is NOT included The Phoenixtech 600ESP helicopter KIT is a popular helicopter that requires pilots to provide their preferred electronics. Assembling in one or two evenings, the Phoenixtech 600ESP

I just got the combo for the Roban MD-500E G-Jive Red 600 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion - KIT

Phoenixtech 600ESP 600 Size Flybarless Helicopter - KIT
        Scorpion HKIV 4025-1100Kv Brushless Motor
        MKS HBL665 Brushless Titanium Gear High Torque Digital Servo Multi-Pack (3 Servos)
        MKS HBL980 Brushless Titanium Gear High Speed Digital Servo
        Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 130A ESC with 5A BEC
        Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro

I already have a 3sx Demon.

The Phoenixtech is ready for test flight before installing into the 500 but!!!! no motor pinion, the pinion that came with the kit does not work. Slant Thread Pinion Gear are a thing today, Motion needs to fix this and start offing pinions for the motors they sale. What's funny is I called Motion RC to check to see if the kit had a pinion. Yep all set. LOL I have a set of Align ESP pro main and tail drive gears along with a pinion 6mm . Don't think the main gear are going to fit, the main gear is to tall. So right now on the hunt for a PINION! NON SLANT.. any ideas?

John

Comment

Try eBay. They have been the best place to find pinions of all sizes in my experience. I just searched Trex 600 pinion and got quite a few results.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            Try eBay. They have been the best place to find pinions of all sizes in my experience. I just searched Trex 600 pinion and got quite a few results.
            Thank you, I've ordered a few but my point is Motion RC needs to offer pinons or change the Phoenixtech drive gears or give us a pinon that will work with their motor of choice for the kit.
            I still may get a bigger hammer to make the T-rex 600 ESP Pro drive gears to work. On a good note, other than the drive gears I do like the Phoenixtech 600 kit. The side frames are better than the old T-rex side frames. I'm very happy that Motion RC is offering The Phoenixtech kits, it takes away from finding the right mechanics to fit the scale body.

Comment

Hi, I have what I think is vibration problem from either drive or auto rotation gear on my phoenix tech 600. I read where you may have experienced same. My swashplate servos jump around at 50% throttle until 64% when it smooths out. Did you replace gears and pinion? My gears and pinion are straight, but trex 600 parts are slanted. I plug in a glitch buster, but that did not help. Popa

Comment

I replaced the gear with the new slant gears from Align on the Flasher 600 , less sound from gear and straight
                see picture for part numbers Click image for larger version

Name:	Trex 550 600 tandwielen nieuw.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	338228Click image for larger version

Name:	T Rex 600 AvD 2021.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	338229

Comment

I left my pinion and gears as they where. I bought the Gartt 600 electric motor which worked great. No need to shorten the motor shaft. I have 25 plus flights on the Phoeinxtech 600 and it flys great.

Comment

I now have close to two hundred flights on my Pheonixtech 600 and it flys great.

Comment

Working...
                    X