X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 Size OH-6A

Something I have been working on... still got some things to finish (mainly the cockpit) but got her up in the air today for a test flight...
    The build:
    Fuselage/Body Kit: Roban MD-500D Police Blue 600 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion Kit
    Mechanics: Phoenixtech 600 ESP
    ESC: Scorpion Tribunus II 06-120A ESC SBEC
    MOTOR: Tengu Egodrift 4025HS / 750KV (6-8S)
    GYRO/RECEIVER: AR7210 BX FBL
    SERVO: Torq BLS2208x3 (Swash)
    SERVO: Torq BLS0704T (Tail)
    Light Controller/Lights: uniLIGHT BLACK.4
    Sound System: Model Sounds Inc Shockwave 2 w/ two 2" exciters
    Align Trex 600 CNC Slant Thread Main Drive Gear/118T H60G005XX
    Align Autorotation Tail Drive Gear Set (Black) (180T) AGNH60020AA
    Align M0.6 Torque Tube Front Drive Gear Set (40T) AGNH6NG001AX
    Align Motor Slant Thread Pinion Gear 13T (L27) AGNH70G011XX
    Roban 4 Blade PNP Metal Rotorhead 10mm
    Vario 600mm 1L symmetric Main Blades
    KBDD 95mm Tail Blades
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0711.jpg Views:	11 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	331656Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0712.jpg Views:	12 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	331657Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0713.jpg Views:	14 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	331653
    Attached Files

Got a flight in to check the lights and sound card:
    Test flight with my 600 size OH-6A (Roban MD-500D); testing lights, sound card, tail etc.

Comment

Excellent work, it looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
        Excellent work, it looks fantastic!
        Thanks Delta... just trying to stay in the same ballpark as you!! You got builds going on 24/7 lol...

Comment

Absolutely Awesome. Now I gotta add you to my “DoNotWatch” list to save some $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
            Something I have been working on... still got some things to finish (mainly the cockpit) but got her up in the air today for a test flight...
            The build:
            Fuselage/Body Kit: Roban MD-500D Police Blue 600 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion Kit
            Mechanics: Phoenixtech 600 ESP
            ESC: Scorpion Tribunus II 06-120A ESC SBEC
            MOTOR: Tengu Egodrift 4025HS / 750KV (6-8S)
            GYRO/RECEIVER: AR7210 BX FBL
            SERVO: Torq BLS2208x3 (Swash)
            SERVO: Torq BLS0704T (Tail)
            Light Controller/Lights: uniLIGHT BLACK.4
            Sound System: Model Sounds Inc Shockwave 2 w/ two 2" exciters
            Align Trex 600 CNC Slant Thread Main Drive Gear/118T H60G005XX
            Align Autorotation Tail Drive Gear Set (Black) (180T) AGNH60020AA
            Align M0.6 Torque Tube Front Drive Gear Set (40T) AGNH6NG001AX
            Align Motor Slant Thread Pinion Gear 13T (L27) AGNH70G011XX
            Roban 4 Blade PNP Metal Rotorhead 10mm
            Vario 600mm 1L symmetric Main Blades
            KBDD 95mm Tail Blades
            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0711.jpg Views:	11 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	331656Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0712.jpg Views:	12 Size:	163.3 KB ID:	331657Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0713.jpg Views:	14 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	331653
            That looks great sir...

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

That looks great sir...
              Thanks DC... maybe one day I will grow up to an 800 size OH6 like you

Comment

This was my solution for the battery. I used the FMS 6S battery tray, and put it underneath the mechanics. I added a velcro strap to the front to ensure that it can't slide any where!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	FMMSU137_A0_4L9WSTJU.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	331790Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	331791Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0735.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	331792Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	331793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	331794

Comment

Hey sfcfury, really like the 600 Size OH-6A build. Where did you get the Cav stickers. Was the V tail customized?

Thx
                  Blackhorse6

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse6 View Post
                    Hey sfcfury, really like the 600 Size OH-6A build. Where did you get the Cav stickers. Was the V tail customized?

Thx
                    Blackhorse6

Thanks! Yes that's 3D printed tail- I worked with Ty from tylergraymodels.com; I shot him some designs and he drew up the stl files... all the decals are from Callie graphics.

Comment

Here is some pictures with the cockpit added. Also worked on the skids/leg- got a lil closer to the scale height.

Name:	IMG_2364.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	394090 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	394091 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	394088 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2363.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	394089

Comment

Here's my pink team ready to sortie!!

Name:	IMG_2373.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	394093 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2374.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	394094 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2377.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	394095 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2378.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	394096 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	394097 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	394098

Comment

Great looking helicopters and reminds me when I was in the US Army during those years flying both the OH-58C and the AH1-G, Q and S model Cobras. Had 2 tours with Cavalry units, 1 tour with a General Support unit and one tour with a Combat Aviation AH-64 Brigade. Hooah!

Comment

Thanks! Yea I got two different era's going on there... Whiskey Cobra and OH6A... Should be a G model Cobra with the loach!! But I'm soooo not a scratch builder lol... I'm barely a slightly modify it builder lol
                            Cobra is by far my most favorite helo overall... and I have an unhealthy love/hate obsession with the MI-24 Hind D. My bucket list/dream rc helo is a heliclassics MI-24... I hope to make it a reality one day lol...

Comment

The upper OH-6 greenhouse window is tinted. How was that accomplished? Is greenhouse canopy removable to service the aircraft?

Comment

So that kit is started it's life a blue and white police version with no skylights. (the pic shows the E model b/c the MRC pics for the D model falsely show skylights-mine didn't come with skylights!)
                                So I cut the skylights in and used green polystyrene sheets from everygreen scale models for the windows. The good thing about the Roban kits is that the doors open- so you can get to what you need to just by opening the doors and/or taking the nose cap off.

Name:	blueandwhite 500e.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	394115

Comment

Great information,
                                  Where did you get the sound files for the Cav bugle and the turbine engine? Now it needs the soundtrack from Apocalypse Now ​Ride of the Valkyries and some scale death cards!!! Hooah!

Comment

Well that card is a modelsounds inc card, and unfortunately he just retired and closed his business... but all the engine sounds come with his cards. Of course with the software you can make files for whatever, so I just made the bugle call myself.
                                    Yea I'm working on a Roban 800 UH1D... I plan on either a lil fortunate son or Valkyries... depending if I go with the Apocalypse Now livery or 1/9 Cav... TBD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                                      Well that card is a modelsounds inc card, and unfortunately he just retired and closed his business... but all the engine sounds come with his cards. Of course with the software you can make files for whatever, so I just made the bugle call myself.
                                      Yea I'm working on a Roban 800 UH1D... I plan on either a lil fortunate son or Valkyries... depending if I go with the Apocalypse Now livery or 1/9 Cav... TBD!!!
                                      I have been wondering what you were building these days sfcfury, in fact I watched some of your front yard hovering videos just the other day. I sold most of my Roban helis but I did keep the one Roban 700 Cobra that (Gary)PawPaw sold me a couple of years ago, I forgot you had one too until I seen your pictures. I got into the big EDF jets and have had a lot of fun flying those but my runway close to home is getting more and more beat up because the guy that used to own it leased the land to a relative of his and they are slowly tearing it up with tractors and equipment traffic, I have to sweep it all the time and the club I belong too is several miles away and have that geotex stuff I just don't care for it compared to my asphalt, so I may be going all scale helis one day because of flying space, maybe build a few more Roban scale helis, I also would like to build a Huey myself maybe one day I will.

Comment

Hey DC! I'm still working on all the same stuff ...
                                        Just slow at it... Been gathering all the lil scale hooha's to put on the UH1 fuselage to paint... then I squirrel off in another direction
                                        Yea I see your posts about your jets... looks awesome man!! Really been curious on how the HSD jets are doing for ya. Sucks about the field getting rough. I have a great club and field... for big fixed wing... or sturdy built foamies... but the HSD jets look like they would be just a touch too fragile in the gear for our field... I'm really wanting to try the T-33 turbine as an entry level turbine... but then I have stumbled across the Kingtech 800 turbine Heli... but I swore to myself I will clear out some of these projects before jump into that!

Comment

Working...
                                        X