X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Source For Roban Apache 700 Parts

Hello. Motion RC has been out of the parts I need for my Roban Apache for months now. And I don’t know if they will be getting anything soon. Is there any other source for these parts in the US? Or is there anyway to order directly from Roban themselves?

I have ordered twice directly from Roban without any problem but the last time I tried, 2 months ago, didn’t get an answer to my 2 emails. Guess it’s hit or miss.

Comment

Thanks paw paw. I will see if I can contact them.

Comment

I wish we could just order directly from Roban, that would be great, been waiting on one little tail rotor shaft I ordered from Scaleflying.de a while back, supposed to be here Saturday so we shall see, I just can't wait this long to get one little part, if these Roban helis weren't so fun to fly I would just sell them all..........

Comment

Scaleflying.de or Roban directly. I have had zero luck with Roban directly.

Comment

I have sent an email to Roban directly but I’m not expecting much. I spoke with someone at Motion RC and they said that they have had an order in with Roban for the past year. He said that Roban has decided to focus more on the kids than the parts. If this is true that’s a real Boner move. So I am left to try to figure out how to piece together my helicopter. Shouldn’t be too big a deal. There has to be some other parts that will work or that I can make work. Surely there is another 12 mm for blade head that can be purchased? I don’t need the whole head I just need the arms that go from the blade grip to the swash plate. Also does anybody know of any other main blades and tail blades that would work for these? I see the MRC has some of the 700 class rotor blades in stock for helicopters like the AH1. But they don’t list an actual millimeter size. Is it possible to buy two sets of these and use on the Apache?
            2B Main Blade Set, Black For 700/800 Size Select Roban Helicopters from Roban - RBN-70-059-AC This blade set is for the following 700/800 size Roban helicopters: BE222 BE212 UH-1 AH-1

also what about these for tail blades? They do list the size of the tail blades for the Apache as 105 mm. But I don’t know the size of these

Comment

No one has used a head or blades other than Robans?

Comment

I have used a CopterX 4 blade head (600 size) and Vario Heads, and I have used Vario, RotorTech, and Helitech blades. I don't see any reason why you couldn't buy two sets of 2 bladed 700/800 sets, you just will have to pay attention to the blade weight and balancing.
                On my 700 Cobra and 800 Huey I use the RJX 115mm CF tail blades.

Comment

I’ve used the Align blades as a drop in replacement, they just need to be painted. I recommend the Align 760mm blades. Most of the stock Roban blades (800 and 700) are 750mm.

I’ve compiled a list of other multi blade heads as well: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...s-450-800-size

Comment

Thank you guys. That’s awesome. I will look into these.
                    merry Christmas.

Comment

My 700 Cobra came with 800mm blades, the Magnum Pi Hughes 500 came with 750mm blades and the Apache came with 700mm blades.

I did try the 750mm blades on the Apache and it flew fine, haven"t tried any other blades so I can't help you much there.

Comment

Interesting. Both my 800 Bell 222 and 700 Cobra both came with 750mm blades. Must have changed them since I bought those.

Comment

My 700 size Cobra came with 750mm (kit was from 2017 I believe) and the 800 size UH1D (purchased 2021) came with 800mm.

Comment

Well that is strange that we all got different blade lengths, going to measure mine again to make sure I got the measurements right, I do love the 800mm blades on the Cobra, nice pop.

Comment

Hi there, I've been working on a Roban 700 Apache. I have flown the mechanics using a home crafted wood base and it hovers fine. However, when I installed the mechanics into the fuselage and try to hover it I can get it very light on the struts but when I lift off it yaws nose-right and I can not arrest the right yaw even with full left stick. I'm using a Brain2 FBL, my main rotor pitch is set from -1.5 deg on the low side to 11 deg on the high side. When this first happened I initially thought the extra weight of the fuselage was creating too much torque for the tail rotor to counter, so I tried it on the wood base again, this time I added an additional 5lbs of weight, which brought the gross weight to 21 lbs 12 oz. and it hovered with no yaw issues, then I put the mechanics back in the fuselage and again it yawed right again on lift off. Has any one experienced this? Any ideas on what to try next as I'm out of ideas? Thanks for the help, Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by tip22v View Post
                                Hi there, I've been working on a Roban 700 Apache. I have flown the mechanics using a home crafted wood base and it hovers fine. However, when I installed the mechanics into the fuselage and try to hover it I can get it very light on the struts but when I lift off it yaws nose-right and I can not arrest the right yaw even with full left stick. I'm using a Brain2 FBL, my main rotor pitch is set from -1.5 deg on the low side to 11 deg on the high side. When this first happened I initially thought the extra weight of the fuselage was creating too much torque for the tail rotor to counter, so I tried it on the wood base again, this time I added an additional 5lbs of weight, which brought the gross weight to 21 lbs 12 oz. and it hovered with no yaw issues, then I put the mechanics back in the fuselage and again it yawed right again on lift off. Has any one experienced this? Any ideas on what to try next as I'm out of ideas? Thanks for the help, Happy Holidays!
                                What head speed are you running? If you are running to low of head speed, and without the low rpm tail gear upgrade, you might not have enough TA.. the difference being that out of the fuselage on your test platform, there's nothing blocking the tail rotor (the vertical fuselage)... just my two cents worth...

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

What head speed are you running? If you are running to low of head speed, and without the low rpm tail gear upgrade, you might not have enough TA.. the difference being that out of the fuselage on your test platform, there's nothing blocking the tail rotor (the vertical fuselage)... just my two cents worth...
                                  Thanks. I had to bump up the headspeed to 1400 to get it to hover. Your theory on the fuselage blocking the tail rotor is definitely a possibility. What does the low rpm tail gear upgrade consist of? I've read that folks are flying these with headspeeds in the 1150-1250 range, mine will not even get light on the struts at 1150, won't hover on less than 1400 at 19lbs 8oz. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Oh wow... 1400.... that's pretty fast for a 4 blade... I thought maybe you were running 1100 or lower maybe....are you using the asymmetrical main blades?
                                    It's just a gear change to change the ratio on the drop down gear drive to the tail,

Comment

I don't measure headspeed on any of my Roban scale helis, I have 2,4,5 blade helis that I fly, they all have the recent stock blades that come with the kits, I just can't get any of them to fly on low headspeeds, the tails just don't hold good on these Roban kits, I just keep bumping up the headspeed until everything feels good and fly them, the Apache is one that you have to crank it up, maybe some guys are flying this Apache tank at low rpm some how but mine is a handful trying to fly at low headspeeds and I have flown mine a bunch believe me, it's so heavy I don't see how it flies as good as it does actually, it requires constant throttle/collective management to keep it looking scale in flight, more than any of my other helis, if you look up Roban factory test flights and watch them do test flights on these scale helis, listen to the headspeeds they run, its not realistic scale headspeeds if you ask me. I guess I need to start calculating or find away to measure headspeed so I can be more helpful.

Here is my Apache that I fly, my buddy sold it to me.

https://youtu.be/VaPdqoQJu70 https://youtu.be/ksenL4QtTbY

Comment

I do confirm what a little tach that what I think I'm flying at is what I'm flying at- of course if you have telemetry running you have that info... I don't have telemetry on any of my, so I just do the math for the equipment/setup I have and set my throttle curves... and verify with the tach.

I'm not an Ikon guy... so I can't be much help there.

I threw out the the head speed/tail fuselage point b/c I have experienced that before- especially with my OH6 and the big vertical tail it has in the way... but even then when I encountered that issue, I was trying to run a really low head speed relative to the setup, and pod and boom setup it was fine, put it in the fuselage and the tail would still hold in a hover, but clearly was struggling in kind of heavy collective pitch adjustments... or wind gusts...
                                        Perhaps you can verify your head speed...b/c 1400 and it not hold at all... idk
                                        Is you tail setup mechanically to hold in rate mode?

Comment

Working...
                                        X