X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearprop88 View Post
    I had a crash when I went from inverted to upright. The belt slipped and it crashed to the ground with no power. The belt is very loose, I had this happen before. The belt drive mechanism needs to be improved.
    I just received a new 450, belt is sp loose iam fear full to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by iFLY_RC Vic View Post
      They just got the FW450 back in stock a week ago. I ordered one and got it yesterday!
      Where can I go and find How to calibrate the GPS?

Comment

Hasselbrook, go to this video on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by iFLY_RC Vic View Post
          Hasselbrook, go to this video on YouTube.
          Thank you very much. I will.

Comment

Just a clarification. The guy from Motion RC who made the video of the FW450 (I think his name is James) is incorrect about the home position for Return-to-Home. He says home is set when you plug in the Lipo. That is wrong. The home position is set when you select the GPS Mode and get a solid green light. So, you can plug in the Lipo and install the canopy on your flight table, then take the Heli out to the field. Wherever the Heli is located when you select GPS and get a solid green light is where it will return when RTH is selected on the transmitter.

Comment

Are there any fuselages proven to fit the V1 FW450?
              Roy Mayoral

Comment

Just saw this yesterday

[US$169.99]Flywing FW450L Airwolf Fuselage Kit for FLY WING FW450 V2.5 6CH Scale RC Helicopter RC Drones from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/8wbgcc05

Comment

I contacted Banggood because the product is listed for V2 450 and I have a V1. They did not seem to be able to answer my question as to whether my V1 would work with the Airwolf fuse, so I cancelled my order.
                  Roy Mayoral

Comment

Can anyone with the FW 450 V 2.5 verify if the drive gear for the belt drive has a lip on the bottom/top of it to keep the belt from falling off!
                    Some I talked to say yes, mine does not, a photo would be great.
                    Thank you

Comment

Total junk! Fw 450 v2.5. Little to no support on this. Ran for 13 minutes, then flashing red light. Thought I fixed it, green for GPS. All good, took off and crashed like I had shut off in the air.
                      rail blade broke, and can't even find out hiw to change it!.
                      Lack of support, MotionRC is the pitts!! Wish i had kept away fron this 450 and that company, veteran owned it says.
                      can't even talk to anyone.
                      Stay away from MotionRC and this product.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with this. A bit disappointed that Motion is sitting on the side lines on this. I'm glad I lost interest when they were out of stock for so long. I had doubts about this product from the get go. 2 friends have this heli coming from AliExpress. I've warned them about what happened to you (and others). Hopefully, they got better products. If they don't, they won't get squat from AliExpress.

PS. I see HeliDirect no longer sells this heli. Kinda makes you wonder why.

Comment

Try to contact Tom here in the threads. He is one of the owners. I think it's just getting to the right person. That said they are the reseller and not the manufacturer and probably have minimal direct product knowledge. Not sure what you are hoping from them. Also, not sure what veteran owned has to do with it as that's just fluff and doesn't mean being one gets you something. In general their support has been very good. Of course not everyone will be 100% satisfied. There's another person on here that spreads a lot of discontent over a $15 retract where it was really his fault.

Comment

Unfortunately, after 4 hours of trying to figure out the problem over that last two days, I had the green light!
                            went out, put it up and it was out of control, and crashed.
                            I decided that it had given me absolutely no pleasure in the 32 days I owned it. All kinds of issues, like the plugs in the tail boom where in backwards, belt falling off on spool up!
                            GPS wire had to be glued in , Ed gave me little satisfaction on the phone. Parts at motionrc for this are almost non existence. I kept hearing from them, FW isn't sending any parts to us!!
                            So my attitude and temper got the best of me after the crash, and I beat it in pieces, that was my pleasure. O just hated this product from the get go.
                            Now I no longer have to worry about the 450 v2.5, O and by the way it had older parts on it from the V2 version.
                            And I have seen newer ones with updated parts at the flying club.
                            Main gear has lip on the bottom so belt stays on, the new servos has two flat spots on the stems, to self center, GPS wire is shorter and won't fall out. yes i told MotionRC all of this, Ed didn't care.
                            Keep away from the V 2.5 and MotionRC.

Comment

So, where CAN we get replacement parts for this thing? Crashed on take off. 1st flight! Probably my fault. I don't think I had the tail boom in properly. I need a set of main blades (I'm sure I can use other brands) but I also need a tail rotor blade and cant find any that looks like it might work at all. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by DHY View Post
                                So, where CAN we get replacement parts for this thing? Crashed on take off. 1st flight! Probably my fault. I don't think I had the tail boom in properly. I need a set of main blades (I'm sure I can use other brands) but I also need a tail rotor blade and cant find any that looks like it might work at all. Any suggestions?
                                Those items don't look like they are specialized for that heli alone. Try some of the online RC heli shops or even a local hobby shop that sells helis. You could find a set of rotors and a tail blade from something like Align or Eflite. You can Google these shops. I used to deal with places like Xheli, HobbyKing, HeliDirect, Rotorquest.

Comment

Gents, I suggest joining Flywings H1 Controller Helicopter website on Facebook that they have created for FW450L and H1 Controller users. I have communicated with their Admistrators from China and their Tech guys and they are asking everyone to join in their Chat Forum for them to help out on any issues with their product i.e., H1 Setup in computer programming, firmware updates, GPS calibration or any troubleshooting issues. We at Motion RC will help as much as we can but we have very little tech resource as far as their electronics updates since our facilities is not setup to do any assembly, H1 computer programming and testing. Below is Flywing's H1 Controller Helicopter link to click on ---- ( you can click on the link or copy/paste).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2672825692998699

Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone figured out a way to change the RTH altitude? I would like to change it to around 100 Feet.

Comment

1st time visitor QUESTION FOR ALL PEOPLE WITH R/C PLANES,HELO,CARS BOATS, MILITARY WHO WANT TO FLY AND COMPETE FOR MONEY& BIG, BIG FUN CONTACT ME 3DICE AT soldbywilhelm4@msn.com

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Those items don't look like they are specialized for that heli alone. Try some of the online RC heli shops or even a local hobby shop that sells helis. You could find a set of rotors and a tail blade from something like Align or Eflite. You can Google these shops. I used to deal with places like Xheli, HobbyKing, HeliDirect, Rotorquest.

Comment

I have purchased my 450L v2,V2.5 and V3 from helidirect.com Good site and good supply of parts for a number of different brands. They have always helped me with sales and shipping. I will not attest to there knowledge of the product as Tech Support goes. I go there or hold on to your seat, Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X