Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Roban 800 Size "Huey" UH-1D Army Scale Helicopter ARF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Roban 800 Size "Huey" UH-1D Army Scale Helicopter ARF Thread

UH-1D "Huey" Green 800 Size Scale Army Helicopter ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) from Roban - RBN-212MI-8

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	2558
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	345358

The UH-1D "Huey" was developed specifically for the Army in order to carry pilots, gunners, and an infantry of 10. The main cabin can also house 6 stretchers making it a good MEDEVAC helicopter. The first delivery of the "Delta" model to the Army took place in 1963. 2,008 UH-1Ds "Hueys" were made for the Army between 1963 and 1966.

This is the Roban UH-1D scale 800 ARF offers unparalleled detail. From tip-to-tail the UH-1D body kit displays an accuracy of detail to the real aircraft not normally seen in the RC helicopter hobby. This kit comes with a very high level of detail. The fuselage is pre-painted, windows installed and all structural bulkheads installed. All doors are pre-fitted and fully operational, navigation and strobe lights included.

This kit comes with a fully illuminated scale detail cockpit with illuminated dashboard, joysticks, rudder pedals, aerials, windshield wipers and more. Full rear cabin interiors are included (not installed). Floor and ceiling details can be crafted so once the interiors are installed you have an impressively scaled cockpit/interior. Balance bar upgrade is available for the rotor head (sold separately).

The working/sliding door easily opens and allows quick access to the removable floor panel and battery compartment. These scale kits house the cockpit in precisely the right location and the mechanics are built into the engine compartment just like in the full scale version. The UH-1D kit really impresses with the highly detailed and accurately scaled down profile.

Features:
    • 2 Blade rotorhead and scale carbon fiber rotor blades
    • 2 Tail blade head and scale carbon fiber tail blades
    • Extremely detailed surface with molded panel lines and rivets
    • Complete cockpit
    • Complete built In / partially pre-installed position lighting system (Controlled via AUX channel)
    • Special CCPM mechanics built in the top section like the full scale
    • Take off weight of 8kg (approximately double of a 700 3D helicopter)
    Includes:
    • Roban UH-1D 800 Size Scale Body
    • Full 800 size helicopter mechanics
    • 2 Carbon fiber rotor blades
    • 2 Carbon fiber tail blades
    • Complete scale cockpit
    • Complete built in / partially pre-installed position lighting system
    • Instruction manual
    • Decal set
    Requires:
    Important Information - Please Read
    Roban Scale Helicopters are intended for modelers who have advanced level building skills. Both ARF and KIT product formats require you to install your own electronics (ESC, servos, motor, etc). KIT product formats also require you to install your own helicopter mechanics. Because helicopter mechanics can vary greatly in size and shape, you may be required to modify the fuselage slightly (including cutting, drilling, etc.) to achieve a perfect fit. Roban fuselages are all handmade from fiberglass and therefore may have slight variation in tolerances between body panels, doors, or windows. These variations do not affect flight performance and can be easily adjusted by an experienced builder with proper tools. These precautions are intended for novice builders; an experienced modeler should have no issue achieving perfect results with these premiere scale helicopters kits.

Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :expert
    BUILD TIME :4+ hours
    Class / Size 800
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Fiberglass
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 1960 x 355 x 510mm
    Flying Weight 8,000g
    Main Rotor Diameter 1660mm
    Main Rotor Blade Length 750mm
    Tail Rotor Diameter 280mm
    Tail Rotor Blade Length 105mm
    Tail Drive Type Torque Tube
    Cyclic Servos 3x Metal Gear
    Tail Servo 1x Metal Gear
    Power System 560Kv Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 160A High Voltage with EC5 Connector
    Recommended Battery 2x 6S 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector (in series for 12S)
    Battery Compartment Size (L x W x H) N/A
    Required Radio 8 Channel
    Skill Level Expert
    Build Time 4+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

My wife just got me this for my birthday. Super excited to get it together. Can't decide if I want to run a BEC of the flight batteries to power everything or a separate battery

Comment

Hi balsadust,
      I use a ESC Jeti with BEC for servos and a separate battery Nimh 3000mah for lights and ESC fan.
      Look here

Comment

Been busy flying but I'm slowly getting this bird together. I decided to make a test rig with some extra skis I made to test the electronics before I bury them in the fuse. I have two pilots now as well. This is hard but fun

Comment

Maiden flight in the books!! Was a fun project!!

Name:	D71902F3-151D-4FD8-A94C-21182421B244.jpg
Views:	1440
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	357171

Name:	77F430DB-89A7-4E2B-92BD-CB9674E56FED.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	357170

Comment

Looks good man!

Comment

Comment

Hallo und guten Tag,
                mein Name ist Martin Firle
                ich Interessiere mich für den Helicopter UH1D
                Huey Green 800 Size Scale Army ( ARF)
                -RBN - 212 MI
                Meine Frage ist wie hoch ist der Preis und ob es eine Bauanleitung in Deutsch gibt.
                Ebenso müsste ich wissen ob die Mechanik auch von Ihnen zu beziehen ist.
                Über eine Rückantwort würde ich mich sehr freuen
                E-Mail: fta.firle@t-online.de
                Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                Martin Firle

Comment

Hello Martin,
                  Look here: https://www.modellhubschrauber.ch/fu...&t=4&c=55&p=55
                  or: https://www.vario-helicopter.biz/de/...t::200558.html

Comment

More flights

this thing is an absolute blast!! So glad I got it. I noticed Motion RC went from 12 in stock to zero in about a week so I hope to see some more out there.

-Matt

Comment

Beautiful day flying the Huey and F-4
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X