X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Phoenixtech 600 Size 600ESP Flybarless Helicopter Kit Thread

600 Size Flybarless Torque Tube Helicopter Kit from Phoenixtech - No Canopy 600ESP

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture36.JPG
Views:	1688
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	345632

Note: Canopy shown in the product photo is NOT included

The Phoenixtech 600ESP helicopter KIT is a popular helicopter that requires pilots to provide their preferred electronics. Assembling in one or two evenings, the Phoenixtech 600ESP features carbon frame plates, aluminum CNC finished parts, and a torque tube driven tail. Carbon main blades are included, in addition to all required bearings and hardware. Stainless steel link balls and control rods, and hardened steel ball bearings are all provided.

While the 600ESP can be built and flown as a conventional sport RC collective pitch helicopter, it is also an excellent "donor" to install into certain compatible Roban 600 size fiberglass helicopter bodies.

As an advanced flybarless helicopter requiring assembly and both mechanical and electronic setup, the Phoenixtech 600 ESP is recommended for skilled modelers with extensive previous experience building and operating large RC helicopters.

Includes:
    • 600ESP Helicopter mechanics and Rotor Blades - No Canopy
    Requires:
    • Roban 600 size Body Kit (if a scale fuselage is desired)
    • Aftermarket 600 size Canopy (if a sport fuselage is desired)
    • 600 size Motor (brushless outrunner) with maximum 53mm can diameter
    • Minimum 100A ESC for brushless motor with helicopter programming card/menu
    • Flybarless Flight Controller
    • Three (3) digital cyclic servos, high torque
    • One (1) digital tail servo, high speed
    • 10A UBEC or separate power pack (6.6v-7.4v depending on servos)
    • Battery (Admiral 6s 5000mAh-6000mAh with XT90 or larger connector)
    • Radio Transmitter with helicopter mixing capability
    • Receiver with minimum 6 channels
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Very interested in buying one of these for a future scale build.
    Realistically, do you see an improvement in the spare parts availability in the coming months?

Comment

I received my Phoenixtech 600 in the fall of 2021 and began flying in February 2022. Now have close to two hundred flights and it flys great. I followed most of the recommendations by Jon Salt on his build article at rchelicopterfun.com. This my second heli, first being a trex 470m, and It is very smooth and flys well.

Comment

So yesterday I noticed that MotionRC has the Phoenixtech 600ESP kits back in stock along with most of the spare parts. I placed a large order (over $1K including a new kit) and was able to stock up on most of the items I need. However, there are two important spare items that appear to not be carried by MRC:
        • ​Torque Tube FH60119-1
        • ​Tail Boom FHN6090-1
        MRC does carry one expensive assembly that does include a torque tube, (SKU: PHXFH60118-1 Torque Tube Shaft Drive Assembly @ $99), but that is a tall price to pay for one torque tube. And alas, no tail booms to be found! (Tail booms and torque tubes are common replacement items.)

That said, Thank You MRC for carrying this heli and continuing to provide spare parts support!

Comment

Ridgerunner, We at Motion RC are and have tried our best to come up with parts support for our helicopter models. But if we presently do not have the part you are a looking for, here is another website you can look into who is also a US Distributor for Phoenixtech 600ESP products. Click on the link below for your Tail boom -

https://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-60...PC_p_4636.html

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
            Ridgerunner, We at Motion RC are and have tried our best to come up with parts support for our helicopter models. ...
            And I have been more than satisfied with your products and service.
            Thank you again!

Comment

Hi. I’m building the 600ESP from MotionRC. I purchased recommended Scorpion 4025 motor. The kit comes with the motor gear but the top end is not drilled to the same diameter as the shaft. The shaft is too long ( 10mm too long in my opinion) to fit the kit gear. I’m used to xnova motors with different shaft lengths but wrongly assumed this motor was selected to just fit. Having never done this mod on a heli model ( this is my 14th build) I just wanted to see if anyone thinks I should just drill out the gear hole on the top end or get another motor? Given the popularity of this clone kit I’m kinda surprised I could not find this anywhere.
              thank you to anyone that considers this request.

….being impatient to move this project forward, I drilled it out to 6mm. The only caveat is when the drill bit bites the gear will turn. Having anticipated that, used soft wood blocks to grip the gear in the vice. Seems to all be fine. Will know when it gets to full RPM. 😎

A couple other things about this build so far.
              1. I’d put the motor in early since the servos make it tight in that space.
              2. If you feel the need to add the spacer on the bottom of the main gear to lower the tail drive gear for better alignment, make sure the hole in the shaft will still align. Because the shaft is stepped, there may not be enough space for the spacer and then the Jesus bolt hole to still align.
              Terry

Comment

I am interested in learning to fly model helicopters. I have experience flying model airplanes. I know the 2 are completely different. I would like to know if the Phoenixtech 600ESP could be dialed down to lower settings so I can learn to fly. I have the RealFlight simulator to practice on. I am interested in the 600ESP because I'd like to buy a scale heli body to put the 600ESP in. Also, what is a good fitting aftermarket canopy that I can buy to use while I am learning to fly the 600ESP?

Comment

For a first helicopter I would suggest purchasing like a 300 or 450, something where replacement parts are plenty-full and not to expensive. An Align Trex 300 or 450 would fit that bill, I learned on a blade 300 but would not recommend blade as parts can be hard to find as time goes on. just remember you will crash and crash more than once. Good to have extra Blades, main shafts, gears, tail boom, feather shafts and skids.
                  Learn to balance blades, set blade tracking and have lots of patients.

Love flying my scale helicopters.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                  X