Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
    Sgt Ray,

A lot of useful tips presented. But most people don't have the attention span to take it all in. We are in the hobby to escape and have fun then maybe pickup a few useful tips. So share the fun you are having with RedBeard. My suggestion is outline the purpose of the video in the first 10 second of the video. Focus on a few key points, demonstrate variations of it. Then move on to the next video. Most people watch a couple minutes for flying videos. Maybe longer for tutorial or builds.

The outside loop orbit around (diving in front of) the Cessna is something I haven't seen before. Pretty gutsy. Also the explanations for orbiting around a plane, visualizing a Saturn belt or donut around the plane for possible positions for the drone (due to prop tilt) would be pretty cool. Also when one loses sight of the plane, the easiest way to find it again around mid-day is to look on the ground for its shadow then look up.

From a plane flyer's perspective. That's about all I know for drones.

Have fun,
    TF

PS. There's a difference between flying for fun and flying for audience. Flying for fun the lead plane can do all kinds of spontaneous things. Flying for audience, the lead need to be slow and predictable and essentially boring so chase can plan the shot and move around at close range so subject is not just a speck on the screen. It's hard to find a patient lead that would cooperate.
    Yeah, it was too long. I was having too much fun doing it LOL. I blame you for that! Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Joe's Phoenix Tucano

First time chased Joe goes up with a maiden of his new to him Phoenix Tucano.

It went very well!​

Comment

I met another good pilot up at Albuquerque's Balloon Airpark. His name was Skyler and he went up with his new Freewing AL37 Airliner Twin 70mm EDF Jet.

Comment

Here we have Andy, Harvey, and Skyler. Roaring the Balloon Park airfield in their, F7f TigerCats.

Comment

Last flight the motor caught fire. He doesn't have much luck with Russian aircraft. What will it do this time??......

Comment

Another outing at the Albuquerque Balloon park. But this time I go up with, not 1. Not 2. But 3! WWII planes Pilots RedBeard, Andy, and Joey.

Comment

I made my way out to Alamogordo New Mexico. To the RC-ers club to check out their fun fly. It was my first time flying up their, and My drone seemed to have more than one hick-up.

It gave me a warning on the screen I've never seen before. Then it would kick be out of manual. It was having a hard day. One of there young flyers, Ernie and his OV-10 Bronco showed me some mercy and took it slow and easy.

In this flight, I again have another chase flight by a member of Alamogordo New Mexico's RC-ers, club during their fun fly. This time going up with Rick, and his Mitsubishi A6M Zero.

On this. The last flight of Alamogordo New Mexico's RC-ers, club's fun fly. I got to go up with Maurice and his. Return of the Stearsman!

Comment

It was a day of Test & Trim. Wash and repeat. No one thought it was a matter of Time On Target, crash! But again in El Paso TX we learn, Oh how we learn.......

Comment

love the videos in this thread.

having "unofficially" chased planes with a few iFlight quads (Nazgul and Mach R5), it is harder than it seems like it should be... if the plane pilot stays in a smooth formation it's not too difficult, but one sharp turn or quick vertical maneuver and the plane is just gone from the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach351 View Post
                      love the videos in this thread.

having "unofficially" chased planes with a few iFlight quads (Nazgul and Mach R5), it is harder than it seems like it should be... if the plane pilot stays in a smooth formation it's not too difficult, but one sharp turn or quick vertical maneuver and the plane is just gone from the camera.
                      YUP! But I find it fun trying to get the shot! Thanks!

Comment

published a bit of amateur video to the you-tubes... one of the few moments i had the airfield to myself, so no plane chases in this one.

Comment

published a bit of amateur video to the you-tubes... one of the few moments i had the airfield to myself, so no plane chases in this one.

Very nice flight! Now I want to chase a heli!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRay View Post

Very nice flight! Now I want to chase a heli!
                            attempted a heli video... really phobic about getting in their airspace to get close enough to see anything. if HD is turned on, you may be able to see some blades spinning.

Comment

attempted a heli video... really phobic about getting in their airspace to get close enough to see anything. if HD is turned on, you may be able to see some blades spinning.
                              I've done it but I find the biggest problem is that most RC pilots aren't very good at talking through what they're doing. When you fly close both pilots NEED to know what's happening, When, how, and how fast.

Comment

new video... "ode to spring". perfect weather for flying.

Comment

Working...
                                X