X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Hmmm, wondering if there's any place to park a trailer that's closer, any chance to set up at the field??

Grossman56
    Dan...I PM you with info.
    Lon
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• 47 days!!!
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Just a couple weeks to Joe Nall. OV10 you need to come on down man.;)
        Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
          Just a couple weeks to Joe Nall. OV10 you need to come on down man.;)
          Looking to do JN next year. Am scrambling to meet all my commitments and make NEFI these next two months
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Tough to be popular!
            As my mom once said, "Good thing I'm retired, I don't have time for work!"
            Keeps us young CB, of course a couple of dozen airplanes doesn't hurt either!;)

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• 34 days 'til we pack up and start heading East! Man it's coming up quick!!
              Trying to keep up with the schedule and ticking off the things on the 'to do' list. Just waiting for the Avanti to grace my doorstep, get the measurements from all the planes and build the rack to hold them (Diane loves doing that !) A couple of new batteries on the way, having a bird that takes two makes you aware of the short supply! Getting La Patrona up and dialed in was a great experience as I ticked off a couple of more firsts (first twin and first tricycle geared plane) and with the Avanti, that will be my first EDF!
              My Little Gal II was being a typical Freewing P-51 yesterday and didn't want to go in the air, would rather pirouette on the runway like some kind of ballerina. Anyway, said enough of that nonsense and blasted her into the air in a not so pretty takeoff, but hey, she was up. Once in the air, she remembers she's an airplane and flies fine, actually lands well too, just when she gets to that high taxi speed, just before the tail comes up, she wants to swing. Had the motor out and played around with shimming it a bit different and also, I'm trying a little more cg to make her SLIGHTLY more tail heavy, see if that helps.
              Here's a point you may not have considered that I found great at Nefi, if you have a problem bird, its the perfect time to bring her out as the meeting of great minds is simply awesome. I'm looking forward to picking brains again this year in regards to what the guys have done with the Tigercats and Avantis.
              Last year, I walked away a much better pilot. CB, Lon, Mike and Ryan Captain Kevin, BenJack and all the gang were great in lending a hand where needed and offering advice when asked. If there's something at the end of the day to take home from Nefi, it's an improved skill set. To me, that's worth a three day drive from WY,

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Okay, let's not get too excited, but we are now down to the final month! Which means that the next month this time, CB and me and anyone else who gets there a few days early, will be warming up the runway for Nefi!!

Hope to see a bunch of you there!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I plan to be there on the afternoon of the 15th.

Comment

• We'll be there in the late afternoon of Wed the 14th. I plan on overnighting it in Davenport and pushing on to Muncie from there.
                    Also plan on hitting Lon's field on the return.
                    Man I'm pushing it with the wife,good thing she's in love with that trailer!!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Man I am having a tough time getting to the flying field with my work schedule and the goofy weather on my days off so I hope to get a lot of flying at NEFI. I am bringing my B-17 to get some tips on getting it in the air since I rebuilt it last year.

Comment

• It'll be great to have your their MB, looking forward to seeing the B-17 as well as the other planes you're bringing!!
                        Just got all our reservations made for getting there and coming back. AMA HQ is first come first serve, CB is going to to be first there and he needs a lot of room two or three spots I'm figuring !!;)

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Is there a pre registration or do I register when I arrive?

Comment

• You can do either, I preregistered, CB is registering when he gets there. Either way you're good.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Sounds good I might register when I arrive.

Comment

• Hotel reservations are done now I need to get a couple more batteries ordered! I have been looking at getting the Flightline FW-190 for my next plane.

Comment

• Great to hear! Gets exciting now not long to go.
                                  I haven't hear a lot about the FL FW-190 but if its anything like the Dynam that CB has, it'll be a great plane.
                                  See you there!!
                                  Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Great to hear! Gets exciting now not long to go.
                                    I haven't hear a lot about the FL FW-190 but if its anything like the Dynam that CB has, it'll be a great plane.
                                    See you there!!
                                    Grossman56
                                    Remember how I almost hover landed it (Windiana) as last survivor of the warbird mass gangle and I was the only axis bird in the air amongst all those stars/bars after I proclaimed to all to come and get me....... LOL
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yep, I believe that was even on one of the videos as well. Have to talk to Mike and Ryan and find out what ever happened to all the video they shot. Would have been great advertising for MRC as most of the birds were either from there or could be ordered from them.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Getting closer to the time, two weeks from today is the last day of work !
                                        Looking forward to seeing everyone and if the weather doesn't smarten up, I may be maidening the Avanti at Nefi !
                                        I was going to get a telemetry module for her, but Motion doesn't have a Spektrum brand and are out of stock on the ones they do carry.
                                        Have to shop else where I guess.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Getting closer to the time, two weeks from today is the last day of work !
                                          Looking forward to seeing everyone and if the weather doesn't smarten up, I may be maidening the Avanti at Nefi !
                                          I was going to get a telemetry module for her, but Motion doesn't have a Spektrum brand and are out of stock on the ones they do carry.
                                          Have to shop else where I guess.

Grossman56
                                          Dan,

I'm running this Spektrum telemetry reciever in a couple of my planes...shows in stock.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

AR6600T 6-Channel Air Integrated Telemetry Receiver from Spektrum - AR6600T - A fully integrated full-range telemetry and 6 CH receiver all in one.
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X