X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode #15 - Freewing Factory Tour

This Friday we will be joined by Alpha and we take a tour of the Freewing Factory. If you have any questions your would like answered, please ask them here:

Popping with excitement about this episode!

Comment

Everyone who replaced a fuselage realises how much work manual labour goes in a plane. I wondered what is automated and waht is manualy done for example for the F14?

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this episode!

Comment

So I used to work for McLaren building the SLR supercar
          we used to have a 2peice mold in witch we ould lay carbonfibre on put the 2 pieces together inject the special ingredients to fill the void with in and cook in the oven

No I'm very aware that certain things may be secret I was curious about how you bond the foam

How much pressure does the molding take

Pretty much how much punishment does it take to get foam to be what you want it to be

Comment

Originally posted by Floraffus View Post
            Everyone who replaced a fuselage realises how much work manual labour goes in a plane. I wondered what is automated and waht is manualy done for example for the F14?
            On a similar note, i and many others are surprised with the amount of hands on building involved in the manufacturing of foam planes. Is this because machines tend to be a little rough with the material?

Comment

Originally posted by Floraffus View Post
              we will not be able to show product-specific stuff like this, but surely Alpha can answer this question for you. I will definitely ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
                So I used to work for McLaren building the SLR supercar
                we used to have a 2peice mold in witch we ould lay carbonfibre on put the 2 pieces together inject the special ingredients to fill the void with in and cook in the oven

No I'm very aware that certain things may be secret I was curious about how you bond the foam

How much pressure does the molding take

Pretty much how much punishment does it take to get foam to be what you want it to be
                All legitimate questions, I will ask Alpha and he can share as much as he can

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post

On a similar note, i and many others are surprised with the amount of hands on building involved in the manufacturing of foam planes. Is this because machines tend to be a little rough with the material?
                  I think this is because foam planes are much more than just foam. plastics, wood, carbon fiber, metal etc. It takes a small army to knock out 1 plane and Freewing has probably over 60 models currently and each one has it's own quirks

Comment

It would be interesting to hear see an example of a issue with a planes creation and how you had to overcome it to deliver the product

Comment

Not going to lie I’m more excited for this episode than any well (OV-10 was a good episode) but I’m super stoked for this one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
                        It would be interesting to hear see an example of a issue with a planes creation and how you had to overcome it to deliver the product
                        I like that one. Will definitely ask

Comment

I don’t know if this is appropriate for this forum but I would like to know when the new rotor scale shipment might possibly arrive. Thank you and I love motion RC and want you to succeed. I pre-ordered the new bronco and I don’t even fly planes yet. I would also like to thank Devin publicly for all his help

Comment

Originally posted by Check Canopy View Post
                            I don’t know if this is appropriate for this forum but I would like to know when the new rotor scale shipment might possibly arrive. Thank you and I love motion RC and want you to succeed. I pre-ordered the new bronco and I don’t even fly planes yet. I would also like to thank Devin publicly for all his help
                            Welcome to HobbySquawk Check Canopy, your question is just fine for our forum, but this thread specific will be regarding our Freewing Factory which does not do heli's. There are threads for Heli's you can find off the main page though that you can post in. I don't have an estimate for you at the moment though.

Comment

Y'all promised we'd see more behind the scenes and you're already delivering! Can't wait!!!

Comment

What was the impact of Covid-19 on Freewing and employees? Have operations resumed?

Comment

Alpha has shown brief video clips of "stress testing" of Freewing prototypes before. Some more of those would be fun. Especially if there are any that were overstressed. It's interesting to see all of the effort that goes into producing a quality product at a good price point.

Comment

I would like to see the size of the mold or molds that make up certain sizes of airplanes. I know that this is a big cost in making foam aircraft.

Comment

Tour starts at 12PM EST tomorrow, don't miss out!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Boozer/Dots View Post
                                        I would like to see the size of the mold or molds that make up certain sizes of airplanes. I know that this is a big cost in making foam aircraft.
                                        Oh Papa, we got you covered!

Comment

Working...
                                        X