X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
    Alpha has shown brief video clips of "stress testing" of Freewing prototypes before. Some more of those would be fun. Especially if there are any that were overstressed. It's interesting to see all of the effort that goes into producing a quality product at a good price point.
    We can get to that another time for sure Twowingtj - This video will stay inside the factory. But definitely more stress tests will be coming

Comment

Originally posted by Narly View Post
      What was the impact of Covid-19 on Freewing and employees? Have operations resumed?
      Narly - There was definitely some impact early this year right around Chinese New Year, but all is back and has been for a while there now

Comment

I'm looking forward to this, BIG TIME!!!
        1. Would Motion RC ever consider offering a plane in a unpainted, kit form?
        2. Can we get a factory tour at Bancroft? Will Bancroft ever offer display cases?
        3. Is Alpha a vampire? He can never be photographed! lol!

Comment

wldecker is Alpha a vampire 😂😂🤣

Comment

wldecker

1) Perhaps at some point in the future after a cooldown period from the last attempt, but frankly every time we've tried in over the past several years it never panned out economically, so I wouldn't encourage waiting. Part of the hope in showing tomorrow's tour video, which is the second part of this factory series, is to underscore just how complex the production process is and how difficult it is to make changes that are risks. Rarely requested products, colors, or formats, unfortunately, fall into that category. We take risks from time to time, in fact I'd say we do it often, but overall we try to be candid about efforts that didn't pan out. Foam Electric KITs and Foam Electric ARFs take just as much time to produce as a Foam Electric PNP, yet I'd guess comprises less than ~0.001% of our Foam Electric PNP business.

The reason why we love stocking ARFs and KITs for other formats such as Balsa, Helicopters, and select boats from Bancroft is that we, like you, enjoy building. Those product lines so far has shown to be comprised of a higher percentage of modelers who feel the same.

2) Yes. Yes.

3) I only drink water.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Its an opportune time to give alpha's instagram a plug as well. Lots of awesome 'behind the scenes content' to be foud on there.

Comment

Beautiful episode. Thanks Alpha and friends again for it. Love the care and passion.

Comment

Great episode guys. Thanks!

Comment

Have you ever considered offering Freewing models as kits?

Comment

Good stuff - thanks for the insight

Comment

Thanks, Leo! We tried to keep it interesting. We're still figuring out as we go with this Behind The Scenes format, but so far it's nice leading from the front and seems people are interested. Tanks, Bancroft vessels, Balsa, Helicopters... we could do this for a while as long as the audience remains engaged.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This was excellent, as usual. I'm all for more in the future!

Comment

ALPHA,

Thank you for the great tour this morning. As a new RC pilot I found it fascinating. I will have so much more compassion and NOT be a complainer or nick picker after watching just how hard it is to make an airplane. The Chinese workers are doing their very very best and people should really appreciate what goes into making one of these fantastic airplanes.

thanks again for the great tour today.

Paul

Comment

Thanks for the informative tour! It was very interesting to see the production process...

Comment

I see that my question; Will Freewing ever consider offering models in kit form was answered back on page 25. Since I'm retired , have lots of time, and enjoy building I thought that would appeal to a certain segment of this hobby which is still comprised of some the "old school" modelers who like me got started building from a box of balsa which took a huge amount of time to construct a model with the complexity of any the Freewing models. I really like the foam models ability to get in in the air quickly and I realize that's what most people prefer. It would be interesting to get a poll on how many guys would like to have this option.

Comment

SWOFLY I too have been a balsa guy for many years. As much as I enjoy the aircraft in the Freewing and Flightline brands, I was delighted when Motion RC brought the ProFly and Black Horse models into the product line. Both are good quality, wood built up airframe lines for those of us looking for something closer to the kit experience.

Hoping that the MRC team does an episode with a Black Horse factory tour.

Comment

Thanks Motionrc team that was a great episode can’t wait to see Heng long factory all that plastic injection will be intense. Great getting to see all the birds in various stages of production

Comment

I am looking for a scale looking trainer and RC Motion does not have one. How about Freewing build one. If you want to get people into the hobby it probably would be good to have a nice scale trainer. I am looking for one at the moment so I can get back in to the hobby.

Comment

Alpha, I would like to say "Thank You" from all the model community. I know that you are a busy man, and taking time out of your schedule to do a video is fantastic. This also demonstrates that a foam airplane is a very detailed process from start to finish. I hope now that the person that receive their model understands how much work is done for them. Being a person that started in the hobby before ARF and had to build myself, and the many hours and learning curve that was so frustrating to get a final product in the air. Again, it is a fantastic time to be in the hobby, and because of yourself and Motion RC, bringing such quality products to the hobby. Many more people have the opportunity to enjoy the world of RC modeling. A very grateful Papa Boozer/Dots. P.S. Remember Alpha, on those bad days, you bring so much happiness to so many, Great Job!

Comment

1:30am is a bit much for me here to catch the show live, but watched the replay with a cup or two of coffee today. Wonderful job producing this to both James and Alpha.

A really interesting aspect in watching the live chat was seeing the journey you guys took everyone on regarding the challenges of moving production. There are a lot of misconceptions around how things are done in certain parts of the world, learning how things work there (shenzen?) was one of the most interesting elements of the show.

Also, how satisfying is the shot of the guy mixing the foam beads before they get sucked into the machine!

Comment

Working...
                                          X