Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting some of my birds ready to make the trip up in the TiredIron bomber RV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180602_125311.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	135435

Name:	IMG_20180602_125330.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	135436

Comment

Well, it's getting closer by the day now. We got the field all cleaned up for the Fly In next weekend, we're taking the trailer over to the field (10 minutes away!) to break in the generator, will camp there Saturday night and drive home sometime Sunday. Then the longest five days of the year begin before the week we take off for Nefi !!
      I want to see how Mike takes videos with no Pilot Ryan!! One of us will have to get the shpeel down.
      " Hi pilots this is your Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike on the camera here at Nefi 2018!"
      Got the A-2 dusted off and the khaki pants as well!!
      Maybe some cardboard cutouts....

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16132.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	135740Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0313.JPG Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	135741

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Looking forward to NEFI! I do have one question does the site have shower facilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          Looking forward to NEFI! I do have one question does the site have shower facilities?
          Yes

Comment

Yes. It is just one shower but never seemed to be crowded.

Comment

Don’t drop the soap:Scared:

Comment

Crowded?

Comment

No. Very laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Yes. It is just one shower but never seemed to be crowded.
                    Crowded?

Comment

Crowded?
                      Re-phrase... No line at the door waiting to get in.

Comment

Heck MB, we've got a shower on the side of the trailer too if you're desperate!!LOLLOL
                        Team Gross!

Comment

That's two days down and three to go, then I'm on Vacation!!
                          Will head for Nefi on Monday morning, first stop is Cheyenne, Wy, then to Waco Nebraska, Dayton Ohio, then Muncie. A long haul but what a place to fly!
                          Now, let us refresh. Everyone who has been there has seen the result of the Nefi Triangle, so beware. Also, somewhere out on that huge acreage, are the remains of Boots Whirlygigs long lost plane from last year. I half expect to see it fly in at some point, like the Flight of the Phoenix!
                          Strange things happen at the East end of that runway, P-47s collide, P-40's inexplicably dive onto the ground, airplanes disappear and that was just last year!
                          Lets all hope for no monsoons:Rainning: or bad winds in the middle of the night, rumor has it that one came up last year and blew Mike and Val all the way back home! They were gone in the morning and we thought they'd landed in Oz or somewhere over the rainbow at least.
                          One thing I've got to try to do when there is meet Chris Savage, I never see him there but he shows up in the pictures like some kind of ghost :Ghost:, so if anyone sees him running around, let me know...….
                          Also, keep an eye out for Pilot Ryan sneaking around,:Ninja: just out of the limelight, I can't believe that he of all people, can't be in two places at one time ;)
                          Maybe, Tom or Mark will finally make Nefi !?! :Cool:
                          And just maybe there will be a big announcement on that long awaited OV-10

But if not, there's at least a guarantee of great people and lots of good times and great memories:bluelove
                          Hopefully lots of :Sun:, great :Win: :Gift:'s, a lot of f16a10:f4phantom:corsairp38:spitfirebf109.

BTW, and not in any way to toot my own horn for having such great taste in Women,
                          But Diane will be there to ensure that it is once again, well documented, do me a favor and let her know how much you appreciate her hard work, she honestly doesn't realize how much it's appreciated!
                          (Don't tell her I said that!!)

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Just have Diane read post #12 and she'll know how Boots and I feel. ;)
                            ps.......nice encapsulation of some of the prior event activities :Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'm counting the days now too...Had registered and hotel reservations last year, to make it year number two for attending. But health issues made me miss last year. Anxious to see people from two years ago, and make new ones this year.
                              Planning on arriving Thursday afternoon...trailer in tow.
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

George and I should be there mid-day Thursday. I hope the weather is good.

Comment

So, whats the forecast look like now CB??

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hey!
                                    We've got to get some excitement going here, so....
                                    I present to you the first...…

NEFI COMIC BOOK!!!!

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	136927Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11747a.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	136928Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14335.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	136929Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16132a.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	136930Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	136931Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159a.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	136932Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469a.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	136933Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0706a.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	136934Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0713a.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	136935Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9877a.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	136936Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 887a.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	136937Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 985a.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	136938

Hey I was bored!!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Just little over a week to go! I am planning on getting there Thursday afternoon. Haven't had much of a chance to fly here lately which will change when I get to NEFI!:Cool::182

Comment

That's great Dan!:Cool:

Comment

Love the Comic Book, Team Gross! We were the only ones that hung around Sunday as rain was predicted, and they got it right :Crying:,
                                          however, we did get some flights in. And got to see the turbine powered sport jet a guy brought out. He didn’t maiden it, he just taxied around trying to adjust the brakes. That was cool as there was a lot of assembly and preparation and it was all new to me. :Thinking:

Comment

Working...
                                          X